CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Karaoke!


As many of you may or may not know, my mommy has her BA in History and is going back to college to get her Master of Arts in Teaching in History this fall. And, as I pointed out yesterday, "Viva La Vida" is her latest obsession, which means I get to hear her sing it. A lot. It is a wonderful album with great lyrics and beautiful instrumentals, not to mention great beats, but another reason my mommy is obsessing over it so much is that it alludes to events in history! The CD cover even has a picture from the French Revolution on it. With that in mind, I thought I would break out the beret again and serenade you with mommy's favorite song from the album, "Violet Hill."

Now, I'm no Chris Martin, but I do have the blue eyes and a great meezer voice, if I say so myself.

(I would also like to dedicate the more romantic bits to my sweet Tuxie Princess, Samantha Black.)


"Violet Hill"
By Coldplay
From the Album "Viva La Vida"

Was a long and dark December
From the rooftops I remember
There was snow
White snow

Clearly I remember
From the windows they were watching
While we froze down below

When the future's architectured
By a carnival of idiots on show
You'd better lie low

If you love me
Won't you let me know?

Was a long and dark December
When the banks became cathedrals
And the fog
Became God

Priests clutched onto bibles
And went out to fit their rifles
And the cross was held aloft

Bury me in honor
When I'm dead and hit the ground
A love back home unfolds

If you love me
Won't you let me know?

I don't want to be a soldier
With the captain of some sinking ship
With snow, far below

So if you love me
Why'd you let me go?

I took my love down to violet hill
There we sat in snow
All that time she was silent still

So if you love me
Won't you let me know?

If you love me,
Won't you let me know?

(If you are interested in seeing the music video, click here!)

15 meows:

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt, that is beautiful! Thank you so much! That is a sweet song for my birthday!
Love and nose kisses,
Sammie-Pie

The Meezers or Billy said...

great song! it has a beat and you can dance to it - I give it a 5. - Miles


::butt wiggles:: DANA!!! DANCE?? PLAY?? PLAYPLAYDANCEDANCE?? Billy

LZ said...

OK, now we have to cue it up on iTunes :). You know the Woman is a History freak too? It was one of her 2 majors in college.

Chase

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tybalt

That was fabulous....

Purrs
Abby

Nomi said...

Excellent.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are a marvelous singer!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Wonderful and you look so good in your beret!!
~ KittyBoy

Daisy said...

Tybalt, you look very French in your fancy beret!

Lux said...

I really like Coldplay music, and that picture of you is wayyyy cool! My mom's started reading a lot about kings and queens and the French Revolution, for some reason. She can't figure it out herself.

Parker said...

Tybalt, I love your taste in music!

The Crew said...

Tybalt, you look very suave in that beret. I'm sure Samantha's heart is melting.

Tipper

PB 'n J said...

Wow - our Daddy has a major in History and our Mommy minored in it - How Crazy!

That's a great song, Mommy has gone off to download it!

Mickey's Musings said...

Mom likes Coldplay too :)
Sing on Tybalt!!!
Purrs Mickey

Sweet Purrfections said...

Your mom is off to a great start of becoming a teacher if she is already finding lessons in music. Love the photo!

MaoMao said...

That's a great song! And the lyricks are really kool, too. I think I'll MAO along: MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO MAO!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!