CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday and Meme

Happy July 3rd, everykitty! I'm getting ready for the big 4th of July holiday a little early. Having Independence Day just around the corner has me thinking of how thankful I am that I live in a country where mommy and other beans are allowed to protest against injustice and cruelty and do their best to make the world a better place for both beans and furries. So many horrible things have happened and continue to happen, but as long as we do our best I know we can all make a difference! I am also thankful that while we have lost many friends lately, we have all remained close and supportive, and have even gained new ones. And one of my best mancat buddies, Jasper, tagged me for a meme! So I will do it now.

Here are the rules:

Link to the one who tagged you.
List the rules on your blog.
Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
Tag some blogger friends with links.
Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.

OK - here goes! 6 quirky things about me.
Hmmmmm . . . .

  1. I like to leave the room mommy is in, and then cry and yowl at her to let her know that I miss her. When she calls me, I'll come back right away and snuggle and purr like I had forgotten where I left her.
  2. I've mentioned this before, but I love doggie food crunchies. I love to play with them and bring them to mommy and CRUNCH them all in her bed.
  3. I like to watch television. Action movies and cartoons are the best, but really anything with lots of color and movement can keep me entertained. None of the other furries will really watch TV - Loki will watch Animal Planet every now and then, if there is a doggie agility trial on.
  4. I love Almost Dad but I am jealous of him, too. If he gets too close to mommy or infringes on our snuggle time, I'll worm my way in between them and claim my spot on mommy. But I still love to sit on him and get skritches.
  5. I put up with my doggie brother Loki and my doggie sister Dana, but I don't really bond too much with them. Loki's tail is fun to play with, but he won't let me, and Dana is very loud and bouncy and bigger than me. The girls love both the doggies, but I'm a mommy's boy all the way. I love all of my furry siblings, but mommy is and always will be my favorite.
  6. As you all know, I love love love to steal straws! I also, however, love to steal mommy's undies, mommy's socks, mommy's gloves, mommy's sweaters, any kind of plastic wrapper, and mommy's little stuffed animals. I hide all of my treasures the best that I can, but mommy always finds them . . . eventually. If I bat my treasure under a door and can't get to it I'll cry and scratch until mommy gets it out for me.
Hmmm . . . I'm not sure who hasn't done this one . . . I think I'll tag Dana's friends Billy and Renna! TAG! YOU'RE IT!

24 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thanks for sharing your quirks with us! The One Who Came Before loved playing with straws. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are pretty fun quirks, Tybalt. Gandalf also loves to holler to find Mom!

TabbyNormal said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I have not yet tried stealing anything, I just play with things in front of my mom. But it sounds worth a try...!

Parker said...

Tybalt, you sound like a wonderful kitty, no wonder your Mommy loves you so much!

Unknown said...

Tybalt, it sounds like you keep your mommy very busy.

The Meezers or Billy said...

OH BOY!!!! The Mom Lady Person says that I haf to wait 'till my Toosday post to do the memememememe. Fanks for tagging ME!!!!

Billy Sweet Feets

DANA!! PLAY???? PLAYPLAYPLAY!!!

PB 'n J said...

Those are excellent things to be thankful for Tybalt!

I loved your quirks - I have a similar one I hate when Daddy hugs Mommy too much - I have to get in there and show Daddy that I love him more than Mommy does!

Samantha & Mom said...

Now I know why I adore you Tybalt! Those quirks of yours are just wonderful! I'll be right over to start celebrating the 4th of July with you early!! So glad you lkie my floofy tail!
Smooches,
Sammie-Pie

Daisy said...

You are looking very patriotic today, Tybalt! I liked your quirks. I sometimes do number 1, too! And I mean number 1 on your list, not going potty. Even though I do that, too.

Renna the Princess Puppy said...

YEA! I got tagged! I'm still trying to bond with my kitty sisters but I think it will take some time. I will do my meme when I get back, I'm going to Puppy Camp for the long weekend but I can come over and play with Dana before I go!

Liss said...

Great quirks and you're so cute. Happy July 4th. Great reminder of the freedom we enjoy in the US.

Motor Home Cats said...

We like to eat the doggies food too, but we never bring it into bed with Mom. She wouldn't like that too much, although we are allowed to eat our temptations there.

Happy 4th of July.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

George the Pup said...

Oh I like eating doggie food too - but that's probably cause I'm a doggie, but I like kitty food too!

Can Dana come out and play?!

Ana said...

Oh Tybalt, you are well prepared for July 4th! :-)

Your quirky things have been really funny, you are really a lovely kitty!

The Furry Kids said...

Those are neat quirks. I like how you get to snack on dawg food. I've never tried it. Momma always picks it up before I get to it. :(

Love,
Tazo

MaoMao said...

hehehe, I loved readin about yur quirkies! And as you know, I love snatchin Evil Coffee Stirrurs outta Momma and Daddy's mugs! And I love whappin anything I can find onto the floor!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Tybalt, you are the ultimate mancat, stealing your Mommy's undies! That made our Momma laugh and laugh! Too bad our Momma puts hers where we can't get to them ... hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sam and Simon

Mickey's Musings said...

Heehee,I like your quirk #1,:)
We really are lucky to have the good homes we have aren't we? :)
Purrs Mickey

Sweet Purrfections said...

Loved reading about your quirks! I also like to pull #1 on my mom! It never fails to make her come running to find me.

Just Ducky said...

Happy 4th.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Heh, I knows you must loves stealin straws, the littlest bean girl has some here you can has!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Someone else told me their cat steals their underwear also. I am so glad I've never had a cat do that :-0 I think that is really quirky.

Forty Paws said...

Wow! You've got a whole list of fun stuff to do! And stealing all your Mom's stuff? Cool!

Luf, Us

Jans Funny Farm said...

Hope you all had a happy 4th of July.