CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Movie Review - Milo and Otis


For this Friday's Reader Request movie review, we turn to Gandalf and Grayson, and their selection of "The Adventures of Milo and Otis."

The Adventures of Milo and Otis (1986)
originally Koneko Monogatari
Directed by:Masanori Hata
Written by:Masanori Hata and Mark Saltzman


Milo is one lucky cat. He's got nine lives and a best friend.

This movie is all about the strong bonds of friendship. Milo, a ginger tabby, and Otis, a pug, are born and grow up together on the same farm. Even though Milo is a kitty and Otis is a doggie, they form a strong friendship. Milo loves to hide in special, secret spots to try to outwit Otis' sharp doggie nose. One day, Milo chooses the wrong hiding spot and is swept downriver in a box! Otis is beside himself and does his best to follow and help his friend. However, despite his best efforts, Otis loses track of Milo. Thus begins the adventures of Milo and Otis, with Milo simply trying to survive and Otis trying desperately to find his best friend.

This is a very cute movie, and is suitable for kittens and puppies of all ages - even sticky little beans. However, I must warn you that there are several tense moments in this movie that I know for certain bothered my mommy. Milo's pitiful cries for help as he is swept towards a waterfall - Milo's stunning fall off of a cliff - Milo's cries as he falls into a deep pit. Situations fraught with danger follow both Milo and Otis wherever they go, but especially Milo. Rest assured that all ends happily and no kitty or doggie is ever injured, but it still tugs at the heartstrings and makes you want to reach into the screen to save your furry friend.

The scenery is stunning and it is amazing how well acted the parts are. Neither Otis nor Milo ever mess up a line or look anything less than in the moment during the entire film. I certainly believe they both deserve aCATamy awards!

I give "The Adventures of Milo and Otis" two paws up and a purr for being a movie that is family friendly, all about furries, and has a cuteness quota off the charts!

26 meows:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww...
Thanks for the review~! Tybalt~!
This movie certainly will in my list~!!!
I will rent it for sometime~!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bravo! This is one of our favorites, for sure!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we LOVE Milo and Otis!!! 12 paws way up!!!


DANA!!! PLAY???? NOW!!!!

Gizmo said...

Gizmo's Mommy here...I havent seen that movie in forever! I love it so much! Guess I know what I am doing tonight...going to rent it! Thank you so much for reminding me of Milo & Otis!!! I'm sure my son who's almost 2 will love it as much!

The Furry Kids said...

Great review, Tybalt!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Great review and we agree whole heartedly...we give it two paws up and a purr too...

Purrs
Abby

Kitty Cat Cast said...

My lovely Simba and Persia had to move away. This has been one of the most sad times in my life. They both went to very wonderful owners that I know; but still it has been very hard on us to have to give them up!

If you want to see pictures and videos of them go to: http://catcast.podomatic.com

Please throw up a prayer or two for us as well.

Simba and Persia’s Human

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific review, Tybalt! :) That sounds like a great movie. :)

Cat Street Boyz said...

Yep, we have that movie...Milo is soooooooo cute! =^Y^=Setzer

Mr. Hendrix said...

we totally agree! that movie made mommy all leaky. she is such a softie.
i hope your mommy is feeling better! mine caught that same thing and has been sick all week.

PS congrats on your award Dana!

TabbyNormal said...

I think they look cute together. I keep telling my mom I need a pal too, and she just brings me more furrymice.

Team Tabby said...

Hi Tybalt! We used to have this movie and lent it out. We didn't get it back and - of course - don't remember who has it, duh.

Great choice!

Mindy & Moe

Daisy said...

We enjoyed that movie, too! But we were a little worried that Milo seemed maybe a little bit scairt for real in the movie.

Jans Funny Farm said...

What a great review of a movie. Sounds like something we'd enjoy. But if it has tense moments, Jan isn't allowed to watch it. She'd keep us up all night tossing and turning.

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt, you make every movie sound so wonderful! Milo & Otis are so cute!! Have a wonderful weekend! Come on over this weekend and we can play in my back yard!
Nose kisses,
Sammie-Pie

Samantha & Mom said...

Ack!! My comment disappeared! Tybalt, you make every movie sound wonderful!! :sigh: Milo & Otis sounds wonderful! Have a wonderful weekend! If you not busy, you can come and play in my back yard with me!
Nose kisses,
Sammie-Pie

Quasi said...

Thanks for the review. But did you know that in real life, pugs snore? Loudly? I guess they just can't help being uncouth creatures.

Sweet Purrfections said...

Thanks for the review. Mom loves animal movies and her favorites are the two Incredible Journey Movies. She becomes a blubbering mess when watching them, so I have to comfort her!

MaoMao said...

We haven't seen this moovie, but it sounds really cute! Thankies fur the ecksellent review!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Mickey's Musings said...

We liked this movie too!!!!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes !! It was a super day :)
Purrs Mickey

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

This looks like a wonderful movie! I will have to ask mom if we can rent it.
--JB

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I hasnt seen this one yet. We did get to watch a kitty/woofie/bean movie the other nights though. Has you watched Garfield yet Tybalt? Da Mommy Bean thought it was furry funny.

Black Cat said...

That sounds like a great movie, but one I would have to watch with a box of tissues beside me:) xxx

Unknown said...

Hai my friend Tybalt, the director and prince of cats! I say YOU CAN HAS AWARDZ!! mai mom say you is such great bloggings you can has awards!! come and get it my blogz!!

Karen Jo said...

I am really late reading it, but I love your review. This is one of my favorite movies. Thanks for the great review.

Sunny's Mommy said...

We love that movie! It's great!