CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tuesday Tattles With Tybalt


Hello everykitty! I am sorry I missed you all yesterday for Mancat Monday. I thought I would do my tattle to tell you why.
Sunday afternoon my mommy did something very silly. She was carrying stuff down to the basement, followed by the A.D. (Almost Dad), and she fell. She didn't fall in a graceful tumble, either. She landed on her back and slid down the stairs. One minute she was stepping down the stairs, the next she was going down them like she was on a Slip n' Slide! What she had been carrying landed neatly on a stair, safe and sound, her shoes landed at the bottom neatly lined up like they were waiting for her feet to catch up, and her hair tie pulled itself off and was left behind. She almost gave A.D. a heart attack! Especially since she was laughing so hard she was crying. He didn't know what to think. I guess he isn't that used to mommy yet, after all. At the time, she said the only thing that really hurt was her pride. And she couldn't stop laughing . . . she told me if I knew how to operate the camera I could have taped her for America's Funniest Home Videos.
Well, we kitties sniffed her to make sure she was ok, then we let her and the A.D. finish going down to the basement and then over to Grandmama's house for dinner. Mommy and the A.D. helped me chat at the M-Cat Super Bowl Party, and then mommy noticed that she was starting to hurt. Pretty badly. Well, the A.D. left for his house late, leaving mommy in my care. I spent all night in bed with her, making sure she was ok. But despite my best efforts, mommy woke up yesterday morning and knew that there was no way she was going to make it to work! Let me tell you, I was kind of excited about that. Even though it isn't nice that mommy was hurt, it was nice having her home! She couldn't do much, so my sisters and I got a lot of snuggling time in . . . first on the bed and then with the blankie on the couch in the living room. I spent extra time snuggling around her neck and purring extra hard in her ear, because I know that is the most healing kind of kitty purr. She's back at work today, at least until this afternoon, so I am back with everykitty now. I know I've been tagged for a meme and given awards and have even been invited on a Sassy adventure . . . and I'll be sure to catch up with you all! Purrs!
PS: It looks like the Twins finally have some interest! Thanks, everykitty! They are going to be excited when I tell them. =^_^=

30 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Ouch! Your poor mom. :( Falls like that can be very nasty. We hope that she feels better soon! Sending healing purrs her way.

Laura W said...

OH NO! Poor Mommie! Lots of ibuprofen and a heating pad. And wine.
I was very embarrassed when I fell too. Talk about wounded pride.
I love your new avatar photo!
(Our NC house has no stairs, really. This is very good, not only for arthritic Mosaic Dawg but for grace-less ML.)

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Ouchie! That sounds bad too! Momma's stared with a bad neckache/migraine combo on Sunday afternoon then wokeup at 1:00 monday morning with pain shooting up her whole spine and sicking up. We don't know what's going on. She is staying home today to, after the post this morning she had take the pain pills the ER man gave her and lay down. :( We will purr for you momma and you can for ours! ~Queen Snickers

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I am glad you mommy was not BADLY hurt, but after that, I'm sure she would be a bit sore. Just enjoy having her home to cuddle. I'm sure she'll be up and about soon enough.

Parker said...

Owie mommy! Sliding down the steps sounds like something my Mom would do too!
I hope she feels better!

jenianddean said...

Oh your poor mommy! I hope she is back on the mend soon! My mom is pretty much a big ol' klutz so we are used to her doing stuff like that all the time!! She also does that laughing til you cry thing also!

Mom's are silly!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh we is so sorry that your Momma has an ouchie....it wasn't a good weekend for Mommies, was it? I know your purrs helped her heal much faster though....

We will keep her in our purrs cuz we know how our Mom's always need us.

Purr purr purr
Abby and Boo

Unknown said...

your mummy fall down the stairs?? Me cat's beleve dat!! you is very good takin care of your mummy, me think you make her better soon. Tell stair to not to give her hard times ok?

Unknown said...

Oh NO! I am sorry your Mum got hurt, but I can also see the funny side of it. My Mum is not a graceful faller either. One time she fell going across the street and of course she did her graceful kerplunk, a man (goodlooking of course) stopped his truck, got out and tried to help her up. Of course Mum just wanted to lay there and die of embarassment.

It is good that you kitties were there to help purr your Mum better.

Daisy said...

Wow, I hope your mom feels better soon. Falling down the stairs is very scairty. It was nice of her shoes to wait for her down there though. My Mommie fell down the stairs once and landed on her tailbone. She said it hurt for about 2 months afterwards!

DK & The Fluffies said...

We're sending purrs and nose bumps your way!

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh No!! Poor Mommy!! Falling is no fun, our mommy fell last week cause she stepped on a wet spot on the tile and zip she was down. We are so glad she didn't break anything! Iam so glad you liked my Valentine to you! I put it on Monty Q's contest site, too. Maybe we could do one together for Skeezix's Contest!!
Puuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrssss,
Samantha

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh your poor mom!! we hope she's ok!

Anonymous said...

Me-owie! We sure hope your putting lots of purrs on your Mom!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

oh dear your human is as accident prone as mine! My human did a very similar thing a few years back - bom, bom, bom down the stairs - luckily she has some serious padding behind her so the bruising wasn't too bad. Would have been worse if she was thin! hahaha

Still, hopefully your human will be on the mend now although spending time at home is always a good thing x

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Your poor mommy!!!!! My SS strained her back as well over the weekend and she was half as nice about it as your mommy.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I hope your mom is going to be ok! Give her lots of love, hugs and purrs and she will get well soon!
--JB

The Furry Kids said...

We hope your mom feels better soon! It's a good thing that you guys are there to take care of her!

Unknown said...

Poor Mommie!!! We hope she continues to get better!! Hurt backs are no fun. Our Momma hurt hers in a car wreck a few years back, but its very better now. We shall send healing purrs your way as well!

Just Ducky said...

Falling downs stairs is furry bad. Glad you mum wasn't hurt enough to need a doctor. But muscles get all sore and then you can't get out of bed!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh yoor poor mommy! Our mom fell on da steps, well, really her feet kinda went off da edge and she sat down REALLY HARD! Dat cracked her coksix and she still feels it when she sits too long, stands too long, walks to much...well, yoo get da piksher. Take really good care of her and we'll purr dat nothing was hurted to bad.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dear No!!!! Poor Mommy!!!!!! wowww.......That is so so pain!!!!!!!!!

I am praying and purring for her!!

LZ said...

Oh wow! Your mom must have a great sense of humor! Gosh, I bet that was pretty scary. Hopefully she'll feel better soon.

Kaze

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope your Momma is okay. Purrs to her.

Milton said...

That must have been very scarry for AD! You have the right treatment plan for her. Lots of love and snuggles is always the right med'sis.

Lux said...

That sounds very scary - I hope your mom feels much better very soon. It's a good thing she had you guys!

Leona said...

Good job taking care of your mom. The extra purrs always do the trick!

Artsy Catsy said...

Oh no, Tybalt! We're so glad your mommy is okay after that scary fall. I bet it was all the purrs that made her better ... did you know it's a scientific fact that kitty purrs can even make broken bones heal faster?

Rocky

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

My goodness Tybalt,
We has to really watch oevfur deze momeez don't we?
We iz all glad dat your momee wAz not hurt seriously. Dis can be worrysome if it had gone da other way.
We are sendin' some big purrz her way!

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

We will be purrring real hard for your mom. We hope she can feel better soon.