CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tortie Tuesday - Onion, Anyone?

Hello Everykitty! Holly here. I'm taking over the blog for today's edition of "Tortie Tuesday."


I did something new this past weekend, and I was wondering if any other kitties had ever done it.


Mommy was cooking on Saturday! This hardly ever happens. My sister and brother and I were snooping around the kitchen table and counter to check out what was going on. And then I saw it sitting on the table. It was round and it smelled interesting. I just had to WHAP it. I reached out and patted it with my paw gently . . . and then a little harder . . . and then I WHAPPED it right onto the floor!


That was when things got really interesting. I got down on the floor with it and wouldn't let Ivy or Tybalt see it. I patted it some more . . . and then I grabbed it and BUNNYKICKED! Oh, it was soooo much fun! I bunnykicked it like mad. I stopped to sniff it and rub my head on it and then I bunnykicked it some more! Grandmama was there with mommy, and they LAUGHED at me. Mommy asked me what I was doing with her onion! That was when grandmama and mommy decided that it was picture time, so I stopped. All they managed to get of me was a post bunnykick/whap. . . the onion had already been whapped across the kitchen.

After the camera was put away, I whapped and bunnykicked the onion some more. Mommy finally took it away from me and hid it. I didn't like the onion anymore once it was peeled, anyway.

Have any of you other kitties discovered the joy of bunnykicking an onion?

31 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fun with that onion! We've never tried playing with an onion, maybe we'll have to convince our humans to let us try one!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a lot of fun with that onion! We've never tried playing with an onion, maybe we'll have to convince our humans to let us try one!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We've smelled onions and we turned up our noses...we wonder how in the world our Momma and Daddy can eat such things?

Purrs
Abby and Boo

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

My Bean cooks with onions all of the time, and I can honestly say, I have never show any interest in them, nor been inclined to whap or bunnykick them.

Tara said...

I must confess, I have never done that. But again, my Mom doesn't cook much either!

Tara

Anonymous said...

We have never tried to play with an onion, they don't have the right aroma for us. If we find one that smells like nip....

Sunny's Mommy said...

Good job on not letting Mommy getting a picture of you bunnykicking the onion :-D No, I've never had a cat here do that with an onion.

Jimmy Joe said...

Hmmm, I've never thought of playing with an onion. To tell you the truth, I think they smell kinda gross. But whapping anything that rolls is always fun!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

You bunnykicked an ONION and rubbed all over it too? You are one strange kitty Holly!

Daisy said...

Bunnykicking an onion sounds a little bit stinky! I played with a fake apple before though.

PB 'n J said...

That sounds like tons of fun - I think I'm going to have to try that, though I'm not sure if I want the onion smell in my floofs?

Pearl

Unknown said...

When the mombean cuts up onions, it makes her cry. So, we think onions must be mean. We think you did your mom a favor by taking the onion and whapping so it won't make her cry.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Didn't your furs smell like onion after that? You must have had to use a lot of nip to cover up the onion smell!
--JB

Java's Coffee House said...

Holly, I has never whapped a onion afore but it sounds like lots of funs.

Tell my Ivys I says hi and sends her nose kisses..

luvs java

Mother of Invention said...

Not onion but grapes, marshmallows and little potatoes!!!

Mickey's Musings said...

I must say I have not tried that with an onion. The smell of them does not do anything for me. Do your claws smell like onions now? Heehee .
Purrs Mickey

Anita said...

Watch out! Onion is toxic for cats!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

As long as yoo were whapping it and not eatin it dat's a good fing. I don't fink onions are good fur us cats fur some reason. Do yur paws smell like onions now?

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Mommy hasn't left a onion where I could get it yet. I'll be on the look out though cause it sounds like fun. I always help Mommy cook cause she is messy and sometimes you get good stuff to eat that she drops on the floor. I got a boiled shrimp Friday.

I pulled the curtains in the study down so I am in disgrace. They were pretty fun to play with ~Scylla

Just Ducky said...

Mum won't let me play with onjuns. They can make kitties sick if you would eat them.

Forty Paws said...

That is very unusual. The other poodins are correct that onions are toxic to cats.

Luf, Us

Motor Home Cats said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun with the onion. Just make sure you don't ever try to take a bite out of one - they aren't good for kitties or doggies.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Lux said...

I must say that an onion is one thing I've never played with ... yet.

Anonymous said...

We haven't played with an onion, but we'll see if we can find one. We like anything that rolls or is whappable in any way!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

onions are bad to cats and dogs. So I haven't try before.

Karen Jo said...

You certainly had a lot of fun with that onion. I'm glad that you stuck to whapping it and bunnykicking it and didn't put the bitey on it. That would have been bad.

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Wow, you really showed that onion who was boss! Thanks for stopping by our blog! Please tell your sisters that I would love to have them in the Tough *ss Tortie club. I'll let you know when I get the details worked out.

Love, Spats

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Momma doesn't really like onions so we don't have them here very much. I've never whapped foodstuff. Empress whapps cans of the cabinets thought! ~Queen Snickers

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

I'm sure that I have never whapped an onion before but it sounds like you had lots of good whapping fun!

Purrrrrrs, China Cat

Hot(M)BC said...

I really have to get an onion to play with. Fanks for joining the Carnival of the Cats this week!
Purrrrrrs,
Mini and the rest of the Hotties

JEWELGIRL said...

When I cut an onion my tortie
gri'mices' LOL, no grimaces so funny. I've never had my cat play with an onion, but she's played with a tomatoe!