CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Savannah Thursday Thirteen

Savannah, Georgia is where my mommy travelled to when she was away earlier this week. She brought back lots of pictures and showed them to me. I picked out the ones I thought were the best to share with all of you.

This is a picture of the Savannah River taken right outside the hotel Mommy stayed at.

I have never seen that much water or those kinds of trees where I live. I bet there is some good bird watching there! Here is a boat that mommy got to ride on. I don't think I would like to be on a boat. I don't like getting wet.
This is historic River Street. Mommy walked up and down this street lots.

The people in Savannah are funny. All you hear about are ghosts and pirates. Mommy saw this sign in a store on River Street.
Since she heard so much about the ghosts, Mommy went on a trolley Ghost Tour. Even the tip jar for the guide was spooky!
Mommy didn't see any ghosts. I think that is a good thing. Wouldn't seeing a ghost be scary? Holly was disappointed that nothing spooky happened to mommy. I think Holly was mad that she didn't get to go on the ghost tour, too. Ivy said she wanted to go riding on the tugboats mommy saw. Ivy wants to wear a captain's hat and blow the horn at other ships.

Since today is Thursday, I thought I would give a Thursday Thirteen on WHY Mommy should have taken us with her to Savannah.

1) Mommy would have had someone to snuggle with at night.

2) Holly would have scared everyone on the Haunted Trolley more than the ghost stories did.

3) Ivy would have made the trip much more exciting by stowing away on a tugboat.

4) Mommy would have had someone to birdwatch with.

5) She couldn't finish all of her shrimp and grits at dinner. With us along, her plate would have been cleaned.

6) No one made sure that Mommy woke up at exactly 5:30 in the morning. I am better than any alarm clock.

7) There was no one to be on bug patrol. Mommy saw 3 roaches and there was no one around to save her!

8) No one stole her straws.

9) Palm trees look fun to climb.

10) We would have stared out the window with her for hours watching the boats go by.

11) The pigeons and seagulls needed to be taught manners.

12) No one was waiting on her to come back to her hotel room at night.

13) She missed us and we missed her! This is the most important reason she should have brought us with her.

20 meows:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

YES #13 was the most important you both are right.

Savannah is a beautiful place, my Momma loves to go there.

Purrs
Abby

Myst and Blackie said...

Oh - our Mom has been there. Did your Mom go to the candy stores on River Street? Mom said they had great pralines (whatever that is)

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Mommy says your Mommy should have brought back Bear Claws but will forgive her this time. Anyway, you guys can come over and play on the Black Furrball with us. You won't get wet Tybalt and maybe Jack will let Ivy wear his Captain's hat - but only if she is nice!!

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yup, #13 is most importint! Mom tells scary stories and we fall asleep...not to much scares us!

Gemini said...

I think those are all good reasons to have taken you along. My Momma has never been to Savannah. It looks beautiful.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Yes. Mommy should have definitely taken all of you with her.

Tell your Mommy thank you for sharing her nice photos.

Daisy said...

Yep, your mom definitely should have brought you along. I think a trolley Ghost Tour sounds like lots of fun!

LZ said...

I think staying at home is best. But it does look like a very pretty place to visit and very historic.

Kaze

jenianddean said...

I think reason #14 should have been because she could have taken you to Paula Deen's restaurant for some yummy chicken!!

-Jasper McKittten-Cat

Milton said...

I've never been on bay-cation either!!
When mine mombean comes home for one of hers she always says she missed me most at bed time. Why don;t they think of that before they go?
---Beezer

Christine and FAZ said...

My human says she definitely wants to visit Savannah now she's read this and seen all the pictures. FAZ

Parker said...

Awwwww, all excellent reasons, but helping with the shrimp? The best!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Roaches? Ewwwww!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad your momma came back home to you OK. My humans like Paula Deen too, so what Jasper said already goes double for us.

Thanks for stopping by, and for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed visiting me and the rest of the Good Cats.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I totally agree with your 13 points~!

Especially the #11~!!

You are very careful cat, I like you~!!!!!!!! Your mommy certainly should go there.

Black Cat said...

Savannah looks like a very nice place but I would be afraid to meet a ghost! I have only just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading about you all and seeing the lovely photos. You certainly look very princely:) xxx

Starbuck and Torrey said...

Those are beautiful pictures! Savannah seems like a lovely place!

Forty Paws said...

We agree, Number 13 is the best reason of all.

We do not allow Maw to leave us. Nope.

Luf, Us

The Cat Realm said...

I bet you you could have written a Thursday Thirty with that theme! She should have taken you!!!!
The pictures are so pretty - Savannah looks like a fun town to go to. That's what the maid said, I don't care as long is it has lizards. Does it?

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

With such good reasons I am sure you will be travelling with your mom soon.
MoMo