CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Loki

Everyone seemed to enjoy meeting my sisters Holly and Ivy yesterday. They were happy that they were so popular! I am afraid they are spending a little extra time on their grooming now, and keep asking to have more pictures taken. I told them this is my blog. I will share it with them occasionally, but I am not going to let my sisters take it over just so that they can flirt with all of the handsome kitties out there!

The next member of my big, furry family is Loki. He's a dog, but I like dogs, so that is ok. He is a rescue, just like the rest of my mommy's furry babies! Loki was the first one to be adopted when mommy bought her house three years ago. Silly mommy, thinking about adopting a doggie before adopting a kitty! Loki was at the local shelter, and mommy saw his picture on their petfinder.com page. He was so handsome and friendly that she decided he needed to come home with her. The shelter had named him "Blue," but our uncle (Mommy's little brother) came up with the name "Loki," which fits him much better, since he was a very active and mischevious puppy.

Here is Loki.

Loki really likes to have close-ups! Mommy has to back away from him when she snaps his picture because he is so curious about what she is doing. Loki is an Australian Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix. He is mostly shepherd through and through, though. Loki is very protective of his family. If I am the Prince of mommy's house, then Loki is her Knight! He takes his job very seriously. Every day Loki demands to be let outside so that he can patrol the yard to make sure there are no intruders. He does this several times a day. Even when he rests, he makes sure that he is laying in a high spot so that he has a good view of his domain. Nothing can sneak up on our house with Loki on the job! Before mommy adopted another doggie for him to play with, Loki would amuse himself by herding sticks and limbs around the yard in circles, pretending they were sheep.

Loki is just as handsome as I am (in his own special doggie way). Both of us have blue eyes . . . well, Loki has ONE blue eye. That means we sort of match! You would think with so much in common that Loki would have liked me right away. When I was first adopted, I really wanted him to like me. He looked like so much fun, and his tail was so feathery and wagged so nicely that I just wanted to pounce on it! Loki didn't like me much back then, though. He was used to being mommy's only boy. He loved his girls so much that mommy called them his "harem." I don't think he appreciated mommy bringing in another boy at all. He was very jealous, but he still behaved himself nicely. He would just bark at me and warn me not to play with his tail. He's much more friendly with me now, although he is still jealous that I get so much more lap time than he does. Loki thinks he is a lap dog, and his favorite person (besides mommy) is our grandmama. Whenever she comes over he gets very excited and demands that she let him lay in her lap and watch television. He remembers that when he was an only child his grandmama would come over to check on him and cuddle in front of the tv while mommy was gone working. Here is Loki on his favorite couch.

See how nicely he stretches? Sometimes Loki reminds me of a kitty! Only a kitty could manage to stretch as nicely as that. You may notice that there are a lot of rips in the couch. Mommy is very, very glad that she bought her first set of furniture from Goodwill, because when Loki was a puppy he romped on the furniture so much that he hurt it. Mommy loves her babies more than her furniture, though, so it is alright. And you can tell just by the way Loki relaxes on it that the couch is still super comfy.

Loki is a very noble knight, and I am glad he is around to keep us all safe. He is very gentlemanly, and even has patience with the terrible twins! We are all grateful to have such a wonderful older brother. Tomorrow, I will introduce you to the last member of our family, Dana! She is a doggie too, and a very special one.


17 meows:

LZ said...

I LOVE woofies. I grew up with one but now she lives with my grandparents. Loki seems like a wonderful knight!

Chase

Monty Q. Kat said...

Hi Tybalt!

Yep, it was chicken pot pie, MomBean set the bowl down and I dove in. I usually don't eat people food, so she was a bit surprised! :)

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Loki looks like a very nice dog - Dante, he does too! Sorry Tybalt but Dante is in a mood today - he is convinced that all dogs are evil. Sigh. I guess that is what I get for putting all of those pics of Beaux up on our blog. Anyway, Mommy says Loki is a good dog and I like his different colored eyes!

- Captain Jack

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Loki is a big woofie! I'm amazed that he thinks he's a lap-dog, since he definitely wouldn't fit in anyone's lap! He sounds like an excellent knight.

Gemini said...

Oh Loki looks like a pretty big wolfie. I am scairt of wolfies.

Daisy said...

Loki is very handsome. I like his different-colored eyes. I think I am just a little bit scairt of him because he is very big.

Mr. Hendrix said...

what a handsome woofie Loki is. his eyes are very cool. i like how he smiles at the camera. i usually pose for the camera for a while, but sometimes the flashy box gets annoying.
It is nice of you to share your bloggy!

MaoMao said...

Wowie, Loki has eyes like my sistur Marilyn (the white kitty with the gold eye and blue eye!). Kool Beanies! He sounds like a wonderful sweet and protecktive woofie, and how lucky your fambly is to have him!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Greetings, YRHPT! MoMo here. I seem to be the only one addressing you by your full title, albeit in condensed form. I have displayed the award that you shared with me and dedicated to my nomss friends. I like woofies but I am scared of big ones. Loki is one big handsome dog. I'm sure he will stand guard and protect all of you.

I see my friend Charlie is intrigued by your name. Her owner is studying Old German and French literature and in one of her texts is one dashing Saracen Prince Tybalt.

Purrs and nudges,
MoMo

Kavan said...

Loki looks like such a nice woofie! I would like to play with his tail too!.

I know how your sisters feel, I don't get as much time on Tara's blog as I would like, either!

Thanks for the purrs, I'm home now. The V-E-T didn't find the feather, so we are assuming it passed "naturally" and maybe something that was on it gave me an upset tummy. But I came home with some yuccky medicine because of it!

Kavan

Lux said...

Hello, Loki - you sure are handsome! I like woofies because I know some really nice ones (Titus, Bogart, Roxy, Lucky and Ashley).

Jimmy Joe said...

Hey, Loki looks like a good brother to have! He is a very nice-looking doggie. My sister is a doggie.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Loki is cute! Punkin, the one that came before, had her own woofie and when he went to da bridge she was sad. Zippy loves woofie's to and had her own little bitty doggy fur da first 7 years of her life.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Wow Loki looks like he woulds be a fun wolfie to plays with. I'll leaves that to the experts thoughs. :)

The Misadventures Of Me said...

BTW we addeds you to our side bar linkys.

Mickey's Musings said...

Loki is a nice looking dog.
I see him smiling in the first pic and I see some teeth. As long as he's friendly,then he's OK

Karen Jo said...

I really like Loki's different colored eyes. He looks like a really nice dog. You have nothing to fear with Sir Loki patrolling the grounds and keeping guard.