CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Movie Review - Inception



Well kitties, once again Mommy and the FD went to a movie without me. But, as you know, this never deters me from my purpose. Once again I donned my disguise: Igor Kittenovsky, the Russian Foreign Exchange Student!


After using the plastic card I stole liberated from my mommy's purse to purchase the movie ticket, popcorn, and Dr. Pepper, I settled down in the cushy theatre seat to watch what I anticipated to be a great movie.

I was not disappointed.





Directed By: Christopher Nolan
Written By: Christopher Nolan



In case you kitties didn't know, "Inception" stars Leonardo DiCaprio. My mommy is a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. Since marrying mommy, the FD has become a big fan too. As you all may remember from my review of "William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet," I am also a big fan of Leonardo DiCaprio. When I went to see "Inception," I was worried that my love of Leo (he even has a kitty name!) might make me expect too much of him. Maybe I put too much pressure on him to excel. Maybe, in fact, he was so worried about disappointing me, the great kitty movie critic, that he would not be able to deliver his usual steller performance.

I am proud to announce that Leonardo managed to deliver once again.





"Inception" is a movie that combines several genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Mystery, and Thriller. While watching "Inception," you are immersed in a world where the technology to invade dreams exists. Leonardo DiCaprio's character, Cobb, is what is known as an "Extractor." He invades dreams to steal information that people want to keep secret. In order to get help to return back to the United States where he is a wanted man, Cobb takes a highly dangerous case where he is asked to actually implant an idea in a person's brain using his skills as an Extractor.


The story is about much more than the mission, however. "Inception" explores the relationship that Cobb has with each of his team members, especially his newest recruit to become the "Architect," Ariadne, who is played by Ellen Page. While watching the current events unfold, you also get clues to Cobb's past, and why he is tormented by the memory of his wife, Mal, and why her "ghost" is a constant threat to the success of their mission. The special effects are incredible, and appear seamless - they do not detract from the story, rather they are an enhancement. It seems natural for streets to fold over, for people to walk up walls, and for zero gravity to exist in hotels. Unraveling the mystery of Cobb's past keeps the viewer on the edge of their seat just as much, if not more, than the action scenes do.

I give "Inception" two paws up and a tail poof!

8 meows:

The Meezers or Billy said...

pawsome - we will haf to borrow the mom's plastic money and go!!!

Everycat said...

Thanks for that Tybalt, we will definately allow the apes to go and see the movie now. It sounds pawsome!

Have a great weekend.

Whicky Wuudler

Jacqueline said...

Our Mommy likes Leo too and she enjoyed Inception, she said it was a wild ride!...Happy weekend, sweet friends...kisses...Calle, Halle, Sukki

The Island Cats said...

That sounds like a really good movie! Our mom says she's gonna hafta drag our dad-guy out and see that one!

Mr. Hendrix said...

That was a great movie! I snuck into mommy's purse when they went. It was to late to get my home by the time I was discovered.
Even my daddy liked it and he does NOT like Leo any more than he likes when I steal ham off Joel's high chair tray...
Glad to see the movie reviewer is back! You keep peeing whereever you want dood. It is a Mancat's right. Um, don't tell mommy I said that...

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Wow!!!! That sounds like a great Movie Tybalt!!! Looks very cook too! Wanna come over & snuggle??
Purrrs,
Sammie-Pie

Sweet Purrfections said...

My mom went to see it and she said she needs to see it again when she isn't so tired.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

SS is a fan of Leonardo from way back. Thanks for the review. She is definitely going to see the pic. Good to see that you have returned to blogging too. We have missed you.