CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 9, 2010

Mancat Monday - Shocking Surprise

Mommy woke up all groggy, and got ready to go to her dayhunting gig so she could earn us all some more green papers. Mommy was being as stealthy and as silent as she could, so that she wouldn't disturb the sleeping CCB, and as she crept down the hallway to check on all of us and give us our temptations . . . she saw something shocking.

Mommy saw me peeing on the couch.

ME! Her sweet boy! TYBALT!

I tried to explain to her that I obviously have a doppelganger. I mean, it couldn't be me. I would never do anything like that. Honestly. I am, after all, a PRINCE!

I don't think she bought it.

After all of the advice mommy was given by other kitties and their beans, she started paying even more attention to the three of us kitties. She did notice that Holly was her usual self, but that Ivy and I seem to have a few more issues lately than we used to. For instance, she saw Ivy purposefully knock me over the half wall and down onto the stairs the other evening. I wasn't hurt and I ran back up like nothing happened, but mommy was still a little shocked. She also noticed that Ivy and I have been wrestling each other more than we used to, and that Ivy seems to be the aggressor more than she used to be.

And now that both of us have been caught using the couch as a litterbox, mommy is wondering what has brought all of this on.

There may be a trip to the V-E-T in my future, just to make sure nothing is wrong with me, but she also thinks that before that happens she is going to get some Feliway to see if that makes us calmer.

Luckily mommy had some training pads that she put on the couch yesterday, so when she caught me (although I still contend it was my doppelganger!) in the act this morning, it was safely on the pad and not on the couch itself.

13 meows:

SeaThreePeeO said...

OH NO! An imposter!

We hope you mum can sort him out soon.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh no! What a stressful moment for your Momma--and for you!

Kea said...

A number of humans around the CB are using the calming collars--collars with pheromones, last about a month. Same idea, we think, as the Feliway diffuser, but with a collar, you'd get the pheromones up close, all the time. Apparently people are having great success with them. Here in Ontario, Canada, they cost about $15 per collar, plus tax.

They might be worth a try! Good luck!

The Creek Cats said...

Uh oh!!! Just wondering if maybe the litter has been switched lately? Maggie May was peeing all over everything after we changed her litter to the corn stuff and changed her box. Well, I tried everything to make her stop, then I realized....maybe it's the litter and box?! I gave her the old litter box back and switched the litter to Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract.... no problems since! Oh and she has a feliway in the room too. Good luck!!

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt!! I just know it was not you and an impostor was out and about!! Mom is having the same issues with me!!hat Clementine is always chasing me!!
Love & Hugs,
Sammie-Pie

Everycat said...

So Tybalt, you are in on the pee campaign too? This sounds like there's definately been a bit of a secret spat between you and Ivy. We think the back door thing is significant too. The Feliway spray is brilliant for boundary anxiety as you can get it all around the places where anycat is anxious.

Could your Mom up the number of beds you all have (to avoid having to share) and also up the number of litter trays, so that no cat is caught short in any room if another cat is kinda blocking access?

Oh another thing that might help stop pee issues turning into stress related cystitis issues is to have a big bowl of fresh water in all the rooms that you cats have access to. Not drinking enough in times of stress can make a cat very poorly and it's not like we drink enough anyway is it.

Hope all is soon resolved!

Whicky Wuudler

The Island Cats said...

Oh no, Tybalt! You've gotten some good suggestions...try the feliway...it may help calm you and Ivy down...also, we like the Creek Cats' suggestion about the Cat Attract litter too. We hope you two settle down soon.

AFSS said...

Tybalt you and Ivy need to calm down. Your Mom has enough love for everyone.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We understand the pee problem because both Ping and Abby are doing it, and we believe one activates the other. I've tried all kinds of the cleaners and sprays and ... nothing. So I have just resorted to using the pee pads. Good luck!

purrin

xo
Abby's Mom Debra

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Sounds quite stressful! Hope things calm down soon for everyone!

Sweet Purrfections said...

Oh my gracious, Tybalt. I sure hope things settle down for you and Ivy.

Jacqueline said...

I mentioned the calming collars a week ago and I think it's worth a shot...Good luck...xoxo...J, Calle, Halle, Sukki

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, no, Tybalt, we can't believe it was you. Are you sure your mom could see without her coffee?