CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tortie Tuesday - Useful


So, last week Tybalt did the "7 Useful Things Meme," and we weren't included. However, Bendrix, Ivy's personal hero and role model, tagged her for the meme, so we are BOTH going to do it today. Ivy gets to go first, since she was the one who was tagged.
IVY
  1. Tybalt isn't the only alarm clock kitty around the house. I make sure to wake mommy up no later than 3:30 am every morning by whapping the bedroom blinds. Mommy never oversleeps.
  2. I keep mommy in shape. I make sure she has to chase me to keep me from being naughty at least once every day. She gets a good cardio workout.
  3. I test out all the furniture by sharpening my claws on it. Not only does it give it a certain stylish flair, but it also makes sure that I keep a flawless pawdicure.
  4. I talk to mommy a lot. She is never lonely. Sometimes we have entire conversations. I will even wake her up to have one.
  5. I keep mommy company. It is never fun to nap alone, so I always make sure that I am either next to her or right on top of her whenever she lays down.
  6. I know mommy has a kittenish playful side, and I keep her feeling young by playing "cover wars" with her in bed. This is when I tunnel underneath the sheets and attack her from behind with my teeth and claws. I know she likes this because she yells and grabs for me. Then I run away and then sneak back in so we can start all over again. The best times are when mommy is wearing a nightgown and I can squirm my way underneath that as well and attack her bum. I LOVE LOVE LOVE playing cover wars!
  7. Mommy needs a new carpet in her room, and I like to remind her that she need to update her decor by clawing it up. This way she has a constant reminder that her bedroom needs an upgrade.

HOLLY

  1. I make sure all of mommy's kitchen things are in order by opening the cabinets and drawers and going through everything. Sometimes I will even drag out something that I think she needs to get rid of, or pay more attention to.
  2. If I find something of mommy's that is fragile, and I find personally distasteful, I will help her out by whapping it to the floor and breaking it. That way it goes in the trash and doesn't offend my sensibilities anymore. I have helped mommy out with numerous objects, including a coffee pot and a candleholder. This way mommy's house remains tasteful and understated.
  3. I see mommy off to work every morning. I begin by helping her put her shoes on, then I sit next to her bag on the table and rub against her, and I finish by following her downstairs. Sometimes the others join me, and sometimes they don't, but I always see her off. Always.
  4. There is nothing healthier than kitty snot. That is why I make sure to sneeze it on mommy or fling it on her at least once a day. I find the best time is right when mommy has gotten in to bed at night and has closed her eyes. It's easier to get maximum coverage when she is still.
  5. I keep a vigilant watch out of the windows for evil squirrels and birdies. I will yell at them if they get too close to the house or (horrors!) come up on the porch. You can never be too careful of squirrels, especially. I just know they have an evil master plan . . .
  6. I make mommy squeal with my cute toesies. She just loves my paws and how cute they are with the extra toes. I use them to hold mommy still when I want to give her love bites, and I use them to open cabinet doors and drawers. They are also useful to bat toys away from your fursiblings when you think it is your turn to play. Mommy never gets on to me for anything I do with my "mittens," because I am just too cute.
  7. I don't talk as much as Ivy and Tybalt do, but I can yell very loudly when I want to. This is how I let mommy know that I am lonely. I know that if I am lonely, then she must be, too. Not only does mommy get more exercise by hunting me down to see what is wrong with me when I yell, but she also gets to pick me up and cuddle me when she finds me. Everyone knows cuddling cute kitties like me is healthy for mommies.

29 meows:

Java's Coffee House said...

Ok so we can has our own dancing party! I loves the bunny hops! Maybe I can sneak in a slow dance or two....

luvs
Java

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Terrific meme, Ivy and Holly! You are both very helpful kitties and do a lot of useful things! Merlin makes sure our humans get plenty of exercise (in addition to all their running and other stuff) but being naughty too!

Renna the Princess Puppy said...

Dana! I tag you for a meme! I hope the kittys will let you play!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Those are great meme's and I am glad you were not left out.
--JB

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Ivy and Holly
You both are wonderful.
I can see why your Momma loves you so much. You're so much fun.

Purrs
Abby

Marilynn said...

Wonderful memes -- last week and this week! Lotsa good info in here!!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs...

Grace & Company

Sunny's Mommy said...

You two girls are so useful! What would your Mommy do without you.

Unknown said...

Holly and Ivy, those were very good meme's. It is always fun to learn more about ones friends.

You guys sound delightfully naughty, just like my evil-alter-ego Hellie : )

Mickey's Musings said...

Jeepers!! Those were super useful thinks about you!!! Very thoughtful too ,the way you both look out for your Mom's health ;)
I just don't know why Mom's call it being naughty!! Heehee

Purrs Mickey

Mr. Echo said...

Cover wars sounds like fun! And sumtimes I sneeze on Mommy too. I hope yoo guys gets enuf napping cuz yoo sure sounds bizzy!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is so lucky to have such helpful kitties!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

those are very useful indeeeds

Parker said...

I think you two are so wonderful! I've never read about two more helpful cats than you!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We all liked those LOTS! I escpecially liked Holly's #4 'bout sneezin. I jus love to sneeze in The Big Thing's face when he is sleepin. I am sure thats why he doesnt catch colds!

Skeeter

Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I play cover wars too, Ivy! 'cept I play my cover wars on top of the covers and attack the undercover hands and feet that scuttle around. Love it!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I can tell your beans really really really loves you~~~ Hahahaha~~~~

Motor Home Cats said...

Hi Ivy and Holly,

Ivy, I love your cover war game. I, of course, could never do that, but it sounds like so much fun.

Holly, I love your mittens too. I like that you have extra toes. I bet your mom loves that you see her off to work every day.

I think Tybalt needs to come up with a better nickname for you than the terrible twins - you are terrible at all.

Cody

Motor Home Cats said...

I've got it - you are the terrific twins!

Cody

Jimmy Joe said...

I don't know why you are called the "terrible" tortie twins when you both are such helpful overachievers. I hope you find time for plenty of cat-naps during the day with all of the stuff you have to do.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You are both very useful cats. I do not think we should have to be useful but it is good to know we can be.

Mr. Hendrix said...

wonderful job you two! you are both helpful and loving kitties. Bendrix is especially impressed at the amount of exercise your mommy gets. he feels he is slacking in this area.

PB 'n J said...

Oh you two are such helpful Torties!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Those are greats helpful things.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Hi Holly & Ivy,

Cover Wars sound like lots of fun, we will have to try that tonight. Sounds like you both love your Mommy a lot and work overtime to keep her in shape.

~Your Mississippi Friends, Socks, Scylla & Charybdis

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Cat Realm said...

Aren't you both the most helpful cats ever!
Karl
P.S. Don't forget to post you picture at our reception blog!
http://krweddingreception.blogspot.com

Karen Jo said...

You are both very useful kitties. You work hard to keep your Mom healthy. I don't know what she would do without you. I am glad that Fatty is coming around again.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Those were great lists you two. I have lots to learn from those. I will try the sneezing move later today!

~Shade

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I think we both look good....hee hee. That is not being conceited is it? C U later, my brother!
--JB