CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tortie Tuesday - Corruption!

Ivy here! I am going first today, and I am going to dedicate this post to Bendrix, who is a constant inspiration to me! Yesterday when mommy came home, I did my usual stunt of lurking right up against the basement door, so that when she came through I could make my leap for freedom. Sometimes she manages to thwart me; sometimes I manage to get my way. I never know if my attempt will be successful or not, so I always do my best to put my all into my initial bid for freedom. Last night, the unthinkable happened - not only did I succeed in my break for freedom, but Tybalt followed me! YES! TYBALT! The mommy's boy! The fluffy mancat who can do no wrong! HE WAS NAUGHTY! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I have managed to corrupt my younger brother! I have never felt so alive! Oh, I am still preening over my victory this morning.
Okay, okay Ivy . . . settle down. I think it is my turn to take over. Hello everykitty, it is Holly, the slightly more stable tortie twin. Yes, the unthinkable happened last night. I've never seen mommy's face more shocked. Tybalt followed Ivy right down into the basement, and ignored mommy! I was the GOOD CHILD. I stayed upstairs with mommy. That meant that while Ivy and Tybalt were alone in the dark, spooky basement I was upstairs with mommy getting fed temptations without Tybalt snarfing them all down. I even got to check out the doggie stinky goodness on my own, and visit with our doggie brother and sister without Ivy trying to hog all of the attention. I had a taste of what it is like to be a single kitty, and let me tell you, it wasn't all bad. I got a lot more attention than I usually do, and mommy and I had a wonderful mommy-daughter moment watching a cardinal out of the window together. It was lovely. Then, mommy sighed really loudly and tromped downstairs to retrieve her wayward children. She managed to catch Ivy right away and get her back upstairs, but Tybalt was scared. He was hiding where he hid with me during the nasty tornadoes and was too frightened to come out, even for mommy. She had to crawl down under our stairs to grab him and tote him back up. Tybalt was just a fraidy-cat after all! Maybe he learned his lesson on how he should not follow Ivy's example.

ALSO - if you didn't read Karen Jo's limerick yesterday, you really should! It is all about Torties - and it even has our pictures with it! Thanks, Karen Jo! You are AWESOME! Click Here To Read!

20 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Good job, Holly! :) Being the "good cat" does have its rewards! :) - Dragonheart

Ivy and Tybalt, it sounds like you had a fun adventure! - Merlin

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Great escape there Ivy and Tybalt! Got to keep our Mom's on their toesies.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Oh how the basement brings bad memories to me!
~ KittyBoy

Mr. Echo said...

A private pawty wif your Mommy. How wunnerful. Yoo musta felt reel speshul.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Bendrix is very proud of you both! Great job getting down there Ivy. AND you made it seem so fun, you talked Tybalt into going down too! That is fantastic! *clapping* Tybalt was just nervous cause he isn't used to misbehaving...but you and I are aren't we?!?

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! I just imagine your mom in the basement !

Ana said...

Hope you have enjoyed your time, Ivy and Tybalt! :)

The mommy-daughter moment seemed to be fantastic, Holly!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Very good. I love it when I corrupt the other cats to my ways... he he he...

Anonymous said...

Tybalt, never listen to girls! They will always lead you astray! Us ManCats must stick together!!

Unknown said...

Wow Tybalt, I can't believe you followed the "bad" tortie twin : ) down into the basement! That must have been very askeery!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I woulds have never thought Tybalt would revolt against the Mommy.

See that is what happens when good cats go bad!

Anonymous said...

Ivy and Tybalt sound like the adventurous type. Indulge that wanderlust!

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Hehehe Good or Bad Torties RULE!!! ~Queen Snickers

Sunny's Mommy said...

Holly, I think you are the smart one. Basements can be very scary :-0

Mickey's Musings said...

Ivy!!! Way to go,hahahahahahaha!! Poor Tybalt being scared,heehee
Getting in trouble is worth it sometimes :)
Purrs Georgia

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Tybalt, there is nothing wrong with being scared, us mancats do have a sensitive side, don't we? You probably remembered when you had to go down to the basement during the tornadoes, and thinking about that would make me really scared too! I am glad you are over that harrowing experience, buddy!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sam

Parker said...

I bet Tybalt doesn't do that again for a while!

Motor Home Cats said...

Hi Holly and Ivy. Ivy, it sounds like you had a great adventure. Good job getting Tybalt in trouble - mol.

Holly - isn't it fun to eat the doggies food. I love to eat Camie's food too.

Cody

Java's Coffee House said...

Good for you Ivy!

nose kisses
Java

Karen Jo said...

It's hard to believe that Tybalt managed to get corrupted, then got scared by his boldness. I'm glad that everything turned out all right. Having special Mommy time must have been wonderful, Holly. I am so glad that you like my limerick. Thank you so much for the link.