CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Holly's Thoughts


Hi, everykitty! Holly here, bringing you this week's Thursday Thirteen. As you can see, I am sticking my cute little pink tongue out, because I'm not too thrilled with the changes the past few weeks have brought. So here is a list of thirteen things that I have thought a lot about this week.

  1. Almost Dad is gone. That is good because we have mommy all to ourselves again, but it is bad because it is one less person to snuggle with- plus he always got home earlier than mommy so we got more laptime.
  2. Mommy is taking classes. That is bad for us because mommy comes home super late two nights a week, and then she does something called "homework" on weekends instead of napping with us.
  3. Grandmama comes over to check on us more. That is GREAT, because we love Grandmama. On the other paw, she's coming over because mommy is LATE. So . . . this is kind of a draw.
  4. The air is starting to smell like Fall, and it is driving me crazy!!!! I want to climb and jump and meow at the moon! (Especially just at the time mommy goes to bed . . .)
  5. Mommy didn't cook at our house this weekend. Instead, she fixed dinner over at Grandmamas. We didn't get to help or taste test or put our furs in the food or anything!
  6. Mommy helps us with the blog on the weekends, and then schedules it to post later. This is pretty cool, because we get to climb all over her and help her during the marathon blogging. (Ivy is the best helper. She even managed to get stuck inside the desk and made mommy panic when she couldn't pull her out right away!)
  7. It's dark in the morning when mommy gets up. This means it is harder for us to wake her up, so Tybalt does a lot more cord chewing and crying in her ear and sitting on her head . . . and then we have to remind her that she still has to give us at least 5 minutes of playtime before she leaves for work.
  8. It is hurricane season, so Mommy gets more headaches. She had a bad one on Sunday. Migraines are bad for mommy because she gets all hurty, but they are great for us because they mean more napping and snuggling together. I pretty much got to snuggle with mommy on the couch ALL DAY Sunday!
  9. Summer term is over at Mommy's work, which means that her more stressful work-time is coming up. That means less happy-mommy time.
  10. On the other paw, a lot of mommy's holiday breaks will be coming up soon. In just a few months, she'll have Thanksgiving and then Christmas! That means LOTS of extra mommy time.
  11. And that reminds me, Halloween will be here before we know it! That means all the cool spooky decorations come out . . . and I'll have my broomrides to look forward to . . .
  12. I'll also get to tease Tybalt lots more about mommy being a witch! I know how much that upsets him . . . hee hee!
  13. Did I mention the broomrides? I really need to start practicing my balancing! See you kitties later!

15 meows:

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Great T-13 Holly! I would pay money to see you on a broom stick!

Sorry about your mommy's headaches. The PM gets migraines too and they put her out of commision!

Purrs Goldie

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Holly, we love the picture of you with your tongue sticking out. Our humans are getting pretty busy this time of year too. The eldest boy bean is away at college and the youngest boy bean is taking a college class for dual credit so we don't see as much of them as we like. ~S, S & C

The Meezers or Billy said...

great TT Holly. we like your pikshur. We hopes that you gets lots of mom time soon!!!


DANA!! PLAY!!! DANCEANDPLAY!!! ::wiggle dance:: - Billy

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Holly
Great TT we really enjoyed it! We is sorry you aren't getting as much Mom time...but rest assured it is just around the corner...

Purrs
Abby

Christine and FAZ said...

Wow you guys sure do lead busy lives. FAZ

jenianddean said...

Mom and Dad get very excited about Halloween, too, and Fall coming.
--Jasper

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Great list Holly! But should I be scared about the broom rides?
--JB

PB 'n J said...

That's a great T13 Holly! I can smell fall too, I keep wanting to get out!!! Could you pick me up on your broom?

Pearl

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Dana come play wif me while yer moms away!

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!

I is Jake!

Parker said...

Holly, I think you have a great attitude toward life! Good for you!

Mr. Hendrix said...

i can see how some of those things are stinky, especially less mommy time, but we're glad you get marathon blogging with her.

when life gives you lemons, make lemon flavored niptinis right? good for you!

Motor Home Cats said...

Hi Beautiful. I am so sorry that your mommy isn't home as much. Mom has told us that starting the end of January, it will be the same thing at our house. I don't want to think about it right now. I am also sorry that your mommy gets migraines. Mom gets cluster headaches that sometimes move into migraines.

If you and Ivy want to come over and spend some time here while your mommy is gone, please don't hesitate. You can even bring the rest of your siblings.

Cody

Chrissie said...

There's lots of stuff goin' on at your house, Holly! I've never ridden on a broom before. Do you ride on the stick or the bristles? Take all the lap time you can and enjoy every snuggle.

Java's Coffee House said...

That's a great list Holly, and I'm not surprised my Ivy got stucked in a drawer she does seem to like to get into lots of stuffs.

Kitty hugs and nosekisses to my Ivy, stay away from evil drawers!

luvs
Java

Sunny's Mommy said...

You've had a lot to think about Holly! Do you really take broomrides?

I hope all of you have a great holiday weekend :-)