CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Friday Movie Review - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

As everykitty knows, my mommy left me ALL ALONE last Friday and went off to have fun with Grandmama. What made it even worse was that she went to see a movie without me - and not just ANY movie! She went to see "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

I still can't believe it. She KNEW how excited I was about the new Indy movie! I even dressed up like him for the Indiana Jones look-alike contest. I wore that hat for days!

Well, seeing as how mommy once again let me down, I took matters into my own paws. I donned my "Igor Kittenovsky, Russian Foreign Exchange Student" disguise and once more infiltrated the movie theatre. This time I added some gummy bears to my popcorn and Dr Pepper concession order - I felt I deserved an extra treat for the earlier mommy abandonment. (Gummy bears are just as much fun to bat around as popcorn - and if you whap them just right, they bounce!)
I settled myself into the back of the darkened theatre with my goodies and awaited the infamous "Indy" theme music. Mommy has been humming it for weeks now, and I couldn't wait to hear the real thing.


Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)

Directed By: Steven Spielberg

Written By: David Koepp (Screenplay)

George Lucas (Story)

Let me just say here kitties, for a bean as ancient as he is, Harrison Ford looks pretty good. I can now see the resemblance that so many of you remarked upon during the look-alike contest. He wouldn't make a bad mancat.


And Shia LaBeouf (Mutt) made a pretty good sidekick, for a wannabe 50s greaser. I liked how attached he was to his motorcycle. I felt bad for him when he had to leave it behind for the rest of the adventure. How would I feel if I had to leave my pink mousie behind? I'd be stricken!


Instead of fighting Nazis in this picture, Indy is facing off against the soviet russians. I felt a little conspicuous in my russian disguise after I found that out. Maybe I should have disguised myself as Harrison Ford instead? I might have gotten in for free!
There was a lot of scenes with Indy and Mutt in dirty, dark places with a lot of dead beans. I know this is what my mommy calls her "dream job." I don't understand my mommy sometimes.
I don't want to give a lot away, because that would spoil it for those kitties who haven't seen this movie yet. But I did want to let all of you know that it was worth all of the trouble I took to see it. I give "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" two paws up, and a whip crack!

25 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great job, Tybalt! :) Our mom thinks that Harrison Ford still looks really good at his age (even though he's old enough to be her father) and she and our dad enjoyed the movie. :)

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

What a good review! The Mom thinks Harrison Ford is very handsome!
~ Bob and Patrick

Samantha & Mom said...

Wow!!! You and Indy look so much alike Tybalt, no wonder I swoon when i see you! Tha'ts a great review and Mom loved the Movie and all it's revelations!! (hehehehe) I'll be right over to snuggle!! Maybe Tigger will have moved when I get back!
Whisker kisses,
Sammie-Pie

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, we will haf to see that movie! good review Tybalt!!
Sammy and Miles

DANA!!! PLAY!!!!! PLAYPLAYPLAY!!! Fagin is ofur at my house too - come PLAY!!!!- Billy

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Our beans when to see this too with Aunt Susan and Uncle Dave! And they have netflixed the original three. Next time you sneak into a movie Tyblat, let us know so we can come along!!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

hi tybalt! you would make a great indiana jones! and you are even way cuter than harrison ford of course.

-veronica

ps, fig says thanks for your supports. he just got his b-a-t-h in preperations of his test and he is a little stressed.

Christine and FAZ said...

I really want to see it, but I want to see the version with you in it Tybalt. FAZ

Mr. Echo said...

My peeple saw the moovie too. Thay reely liked how the first movie got tied into this one. (I wont give away inny more than that, I promise!) I'm glad yoo gots to see it. I gess I gotta wate til its on dee vee dee.

Lux said...

You're not going to believe this, but when the Tall Skinny Boy was in town, the beans were forced to actually socialize a bit and they ended up in a movie theater with about 7 other people watching this movie!

Er, they didn't like it. It just wasn't their "thing." ;-) But everyone else in the group did, so they were mum.

PB 'n J said...

What a great review Tybalt! Oh Daddy really wants to see this too - I told him that if Mommy doesn't want to go that I would happily go with him, but he said no (guess I should have snuck in with you).

The Furry Kids said...

Awesome review, Igor! hee hee

Sunny's Mommy said...

Thanks for going to all that trouble to see the movie, and reviewing it for us. Now I know I HAVE to go see it :-D

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Harrison Ford is the whole reason to go see the movie! he is a fine looking man.

Daisy said...

Two paws up AND a whip crack? It must be good!

Tybalt, you look so cute in your little disguise. You crack me up.

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Tybalt!!!! Now I see why you waz wearin' dat hat so much! Dat moovy mustee be purrty eggcitin. I tink I wanna go! Mebbe we shouldz gets a whole bunch o' cats togedder & haz a moovy partee. Popped shrimp too?

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We are glad you were able to sneak and and see the movie Tybalt! And you look so dashing in the hat! You are a great movie reviewer, you should get paid lotsa green papers for doing it!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

That looks like an awesome movie. Thanks for the review. Do you have any gummy bears left?
Have a great weekend, bro!
--JB

Black Cat said...

Great review, makes me even keener to see it:) xxx

Karen Jo said...

Great review, Tybalt. I really want to see this movie, but I will probably have to wait until it comes out on DVD. My schedule doesn't fit with going to the movies very well.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Thank you, Tyblalt,
Thanks for review this great movie~!
Michico just saw it 1 week ago~! She loves it~!
That crystal skull is really really scarey, especially the last 7 merge together....

Purr,
Adan

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Fanks for such an interesting review. Since da beans don't watch tv anymore dey only watch movies and only ones dat someone says are worth it. It looks like we will be seeing dis one soon.

Parker said...

We will have to see this movie!

Sassy Kat said...

Great review! The mom of the dad of the house saw it and the really liked it! I haven't seen it yet, boooooooooo.
Always enjoy your movie reviews.

Motor Home Cats said...

Mom went to go see this tonight on the spur of the moment. She thought it was very entertaining too. Good review.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Jans Funny Farm said...

That was a dangerous undercover assignment, Tybalt. We're glad you weren't harmed in the movie theater. Maybe next movie you can sneak in as Harrison Ford.

purrs and tail wags