CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 10, 2007

Mancat Monday - Anticipation


I tell you, kitties, it is hard for a mancat to retain his stoic demeanor this time of year. How can a kitty be strong and silent when he knows that in just a few weeks Sandy Paws will be coming to fill his stocking with catnip mousies?! This will only be my second Christmas. Last year I was just a kitten and didn't know what Christmas was all about. I had heard about Sandy Paws from my sisters, but I had no idea how exciting it all really was. Last year I had no clue what was waiting for me. This year I do, and it is making the wait that much harder.
I am sad to report that my mommy did leave me on Saturday, but she was back by early afternoon. She was home in time to watch "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" with me. However, she was busy wrapping presents and I had to help supervise her work, so it wasn't all snuggle time on the couch. Ivy was naughty and found some kitty toys in the shopping bags and stole one. Mommy had to chase her down the hall to get it back. Ivy is lucky mommy laughed at her for that . . . otherwise Sandy Paws might have decided Ivy was too naughty to get anything in her stocking!
Mommy was nice and left the dining room door open all afternoon on Saturday, so we three kitties had plenty of time to spend with our tree. We supervised how mommy put presents underneath it, and moved them around if they weren't placed to our liking. Dana found one of Ivy's wrapped presents and ran off with it! Mommy took it away from her and explained it wasn't her present, and that we all had to wait anyway. I don't think any of us furries can stand it. The excitement is killing us!
I am super excited this week because our holiday cards finally arrived on Saturday. Mommy is helping me to address them today, and then they will get sent out this week. Our Secret Paws is also getting mailed this week. I hope they like their presents! We had a lot of fun shopping for them.
I wish patience and peace to all furries this Holiday Season.

26 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Tybalt, it sounds like you did a great job snoopervising on the weekend. :) I've been helping my humans wrap gifts too. Sadly, our tree isn't up yet, but hopefully soon! Last year was my first Christmas too, and I was also a little kitten then!

Tara said...

Christmas is just a great time of year, isn't it?
Tara

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We put our tree up yesterday, and somehow in the middull of the night when most of us wuz asleep, it fell down......all on it's own of course.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Your Mommy puts things under the tree? We won't let our Mommy cause it would block our tree skirt play!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hope you won't get too tired :)
Take your time to do the Christmas stuffs :)
We are all Santa's messageners :)

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Oh I definitely could use a wish of patience and peace!
Be strong Ty and you will get lots of mousies from sandy paws!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tybalt

I can't believe it. Momma was doing the exact same thing as your Momma this weekend. She was buzy doing all of MY chrissmousey cards and wrapping packages and SECRET PAWS packages. I had to snoopervise that. In fact I hate to say it I got into the SP's...well I will show you tomorrow. Momma took all kinds of silly pictures of me, but she didn't give anything away. I made sure of it.
Momma and I only had one hour of snugglin and I don't even think it was a full hour because she said she had to go fix Daddy some dinner...

But I'll get my lap time tonight.

purrs
Abby

Leona said...

It is so hard to be patient.

Unknown said...

Your tree is up already? Cool. Our bean says she's waiting to bring in our tree until she has time to sit and watch what we do with it. This is our first Christmas, so we're not sure what we're susposed to do with the tree, but we'll figure it out.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

We's with you on the can'ts wait part! I just knows I gots some nips somewheres.

Mr. Hendrix said...

I think you all did a great job "helping" your mommy. Did Dana tell what the toy she found was? Bendrix was laffin like crazy at Ivy! He wouldn't have given the toy back!

I can't wait for Santa Claws to come either! The first Christmas I celybrated was a month after my rescue. I thought I was in Heaven! All those toys AND a scratching post for me? I can't wait for this year!

Daisy said...

This is a very exciting time of year! And it is very hard to try to be good for Santa. I already got into one of the presents under the tree. But it was marked for me, so I think it might be okay.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tybalt,

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and get lots of presents.Thank you so much for visiting my blog and the well wishes :)

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Hi Tybalt - thanks for your comment on my video - re the accents - americans have very distinct accents to me! And I think some american accents are lovely sounding!

:-) x

Fat Eric said...

Oh, it is furry exciting. I helped mum to decorate the tree on Saturday. She was moaning about me sitting on the glass ornaments, but it wasn't ME who ending up breaking one, it was HER! (she stepped on one)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I am ever so excited about the holidays. The tree is very fun!

G.

Sunny's Mommy said...

Christmas is very exciting! That's a beautiful picture of you under the tree.

The Furry Kids said...

Wow! You sure were busy this weekend! We can't wait either!

Mosaic Cats said...

What a neat photo of you under the tree!
ML went to PetSmart in SC last Thursday and WOW. Who knew she could blow $188 in so few minutes! When she got home, BAD ANNIE was up on the counters going thru all the bags immediately. ML had to put all the toys and gifts above the oven because it is the only cupboard in the whole house that BAD ANNIE can not reach to open. Sheeesh. She'd better not ruin the holiday for the rest of us.

Artsy Catsy said...

Thank you for your kind words, Tybalt. As Don Rickles said, "I don't get no respect" from my staff!

Rocky

ASTOR CATS said...

Good job helping your mom this weekend with the presents. We don't know when our mom is going to get our tree up. Nanny asked mom today about a tree and mom said she didn't think we would put one up. Nanny vetoed that idea real quick so mom has got to get moving.

Midnite & Stray Kitty

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

This is Speedy's second Krissmouse wif us and he's got no pashents eether. His first Krissmouse was in his old home and dey din't haf a tree or anything so when he gots here and had his first real Krissmouse...well, he went a little crazy.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hi Tybalt,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are right, we are both gorgeous, and we do sort of look alike!
Have a Merry Christmas!
--JB

Meowers from Missouri said...

we is glad you is enjoying catsmas time--it's really fun for kitties.

our mom put up the little tree tonight an' said a purrrayer ofer it that it not get ravaged by brown dawg or mr nitro-the-flying-cuckoo! we hopes it gets to stay onna li'l table an' not get eaten. mom sez she's not puttin' up anofur one if it gets kilt.

it is allus fun to watch beans as they sit in a room wif a tree an' cats. who will move first? who will jump up? who will throw a slipper at a cat an' hit the tree? *tee-hee*

Mickey's Musings said...

I know what you mean Ty.Mom was away this weekend too :(
But she is back and I am in Mancat mode again,except when I have a nap :)
Purrs Mickey

Forty Paws said...

It sounds like you all had a wonderful weekend! Poodins aren't known for their patience. That's why we meow!

Luf, Us