CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Holidays


This picture was taken last Christmas Eve. You can see how me and my sisters were checking out the stockings to see what Sandy Paws had brought us. I can't wait to see what we get this year! We've all been very good kitties . . . well, mostly good kitties. Seeing this picture brought back all the fun we had over the holidays last year, so I thought my Thursday Thirteen would be about what I am looking forward to doing this holiday season!
1) This year my sisters and I are doing something new . . . we are mailing out our very own holiday cards to other kitties! I've already gotten several addresses sent to me in my email, and it got me so excited! I can't wait to start mailing off my cards and receiving some of my own. My mommy says that she is going to do her best to NOT be lazy and get our very own christmas cards made up using the graphics Maggy and Zoey were nice enough to create for us. If any of the rest of you kitties would like to join in the fun, just email me your address at princetybaltATgmailDOTcom. =^_^=
2) Our yearly visit from SANDY PAWS! We must be extra special furries, because Sandy Paws always visits us a day early! On Christmas Eve, mommy either cooks or is lazy (as always) and orders pizza, and our grandparents and Uncle Sean come over to eat and open a few presents . . . and THEN we get to look in our STOCKINGS! Last year we got mousies and jingly balls and treats . . . I've gotten myself so excited I don't think I can wait another month!
3) Another week with mommy! Because mommy works for something called a University, she usually gets the whole week of Christmas off. So that means that in just a few weeks I get another great week full of special mommy-time and snuggles!
4) The closer it gets to Christmas, the more time we'll get to spend with the tree. Right now we have only managed to sneak in a few times to bat at it, and Ivy made one attempt to climb. Rest assured, we will have many more adventures with it before mommy stuffs it back in that box again.
5) More and more presents! Sandy Paws isn't the only one to give us stuff. Mommy has friends who give us all presents, too . . . Aunt Debbie and Aunt Cheryl. Plus there is Grandmama . . . she likes to spoil us, too. Mommy says we are rotten. Is that bad?
6) Mommy will start having to wrap presents soon, and that means extra supervision will be needed. I will have to stand on top of anything she is wrapping to make sure it doesn't try and get away from her, and I'll have to attack any pens she uses to write names with to make sure they don't get any funny ideas. This is fun stuff, but I never let on that it is anything other than yet more tiresome work she forces me to do. (I'm learning how to do that with an attitude from all of the meezer rules!)
7) With the weather getting colder, there will be more squirrels and birdies visiting the feeders on our front porch. That means the twins and I will have many more wildlife watching opportunities.
8) The heater will start clicking on more and more often. I love to sit in front of it and let the warm air blow gently through my furs.
9) FOOD! There will be more food in our house and mommy will actually cook more (or at least get pizza delivered more), so there will be more interesting smells. And she'll actually turn on the oven for once so I can lay on it and warm my bum. Ahhhhhh . . . sweet, sweet warmth!
10) SECRET PAWS! This is the first time we've participated, and I can't wait to start shopping! Mommy has promised that she will help us with that this weekend. She said she stopped by Petsmart last night looking around for ideas. Riiiiiiight. She came back smelling like strange kitties! She probably just went in to pet and coo at the kitties up for adoption. You can't have another baby, mom! I'M the baby!
11) Kimo and Sabi and their new blurpy baby girl! I can't wait to hear all about her. They are going to be great big brothers!
12) Dragonheart's baby brother! I can't wait to meet him. Dragonheart is such a wonderful kitty, and I know that he will be a great example to his brother when he gets to come home.
13) Just basking in the warmth and joy and goodwill of the season. This is the one time of the year when people are more like us furries and take the time to think of others and care about one another. Purrs and headbutts to all of you, my friends, during this wonderful season!

20 meows:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Chris Mouse is fun. We like helping mum put the tree up, but we hafn't done it yet this year. We like to climb up it and knock the balls off. Sumtimes we can make it fall ofurr.Fanks furr sending your address.
pee-ess
We haf added yoo to our linkies.

Gemini said...

There is so much going on. I can't wait to go shopping for my secret paw!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Oooh tybalt are you sending out xmas cards? You lucky thing!! I may have to do something similar!!

x

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That is a wonderful list! I had my first Christmas last year, and it was amazing. :) Thank you for mentioning me and my baby brother! We are very excited.

We don't have our Christmas tree up yet. It's too early for my humans. Advent hasn't begun yet, and Christmas stuff never goes up before Advent starts.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Ohohoh, it's our firs secret paw too and we already made a list fur mom so she can go shopping! We love Krissmouse! We'z been purrty good dis year and hope we gets some good stuff from da Sandy Claws...

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We are getting excited about Christmas too. Mommy even got us new stockings this year for Santa paws to fill!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oh you's gots me all exciteds for Santa Paws! Mommy bean says Wednesday we's goings to put ups the tree with all the (5) bean kids! I tink it'll be greats fun.

LZ said...

Oh now I'm all excited too!!! We have our own stocking and I hope we get some fun stuff!

Kaze

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tybalt

This was a fantastic TT. You sound all full of holiday spirit...we can't wait for Sandy Paws too.

Purrs
Abby

Daisy said...

This is going to be a very fun and exciting holiday season!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, you have me all excited about Christmas now! My Mum has finished her shopping, but has done NO decorating yet. She better hurry up, I want time with the tree too!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Sounds fun! We haven't had a tree up for years since I made mincemeat of the little one that we had along with all its decorations. I also have a little stocking. Look forward to receiving my first Christmas card. SS says she will try to make one for me too.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

We love the idea of Secret Paws and Empress and I made our own Christmas card too this year we will email you and exchange snails!

PB 'n J said...

What an excellent thirteen! The holidays are fun, we can't wait till Mommy gets the tree out of the box so we can get climbing too.

jenianddean said...

Reading your TT has made me so excited about Sandy Paws and Christmas! WE love Secret Paws! It's so much fun to go out and buy the gifts and help pack the box!! And Kimo and Sabi's blurpy girl and Dragonheart's brother....December is going to be so exciting!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We dont usually haf a tree inside, but The Big Thing says he may do that this year. He says he may get a live one (cause he doesnt like killin them) an plant it outsidde afterwards.

So we may actually get to smell a real tree in the cave fer a week! That would be so cool!

Forty Paws said...

We think number 13 is the bestest.

Luf, Us

Rascal said...

That looks like sooooo much fun!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I also can't wait for Dragonheart's baby little brother~!!!!!

Karen Jo said...

You have a great Christmas spirit TT. I hope you get lots of great stuff. I like #13 the best, too.