CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Halloween Style

Well, kitties, I am sorry to report that my kitty mommy did not last. When mommy woke up this morning she was earless and whiskerless as usual. I suppose yesterday's excitement was just due to Halloween magic! Holly is sleeping in late this morning. She mumbled something about an exciting night and catching bats on a broom. Oh, I do so hope she was dreaming! Ivy and I turned in early last night after all of the excitement, so I wasn't awake to make sure the broom was locked away.

Last night we furries had a family party! Loki and Dana got new halloween squeaky toys, and we kitties had tuna stinky goodness! Here we are chowing down.

The trick or treaters weren't lucky enough to get stinky goodness when they came to our door. They just got candy.

Of course, I had to make sure that everything in the candy bowl was in order. I didn't want our trick or treaters to be disappointed!

After all of the preparations, all that was left to do was wait. And wait. And wait.


Where is everyone?!


It turns out we didn't have too many trick or treaters this year, but we still had a lot of fun! We watched spooky movies, and Holly even decided that she likes scythes almost as much as she likes brooms. Holly doesn't fear the reaper!


I think next year Holly wants to enter the costume contest as the Grimp Reaper. Can you see her face? She's practicing. Holly is such a halloween kitty. She loved every minute of last night. I think she may sleep all day to recover.

In the interest of having a Thursday Thirteen, I thought I would list Thirteen Things about our family's Halloween.

1) We furry children ALWAYS get presents on Halloween from our mommy.

2) Halloween is Holly's and Mommy's very favorite day of the year.

3) We always give out big handfuls of candy, and most of it is chocolate!

4) Mommy always carves us at least two pumpkins.

5) Ivy chewed the tail off of the rat mommy carved in the pumpkin before she could put it outside all lit up last night. Luckily mommy caught her before she could eat it and get a tummy ache.

6) Last year Ivy knocked the pumpkin off of the table before mommy could put it outside, but it wasn't hurt. (Ivy has a thing for pumpkins.)

7) We always help mommy send out Halloween greeting cards, and we all sign our name on them! (With mommy's help).

8) I decided that lollipop sticks are almost as interesting as drinking straws and tried stealing them out of the candy bowl last night.

9) Loki loved his new candy corn squeaky and tried to sneak it outside with him last night. Mommy told him no, it is an indoor toy only.

10) Dana liked her pumpkin squeaky toy, but thought it was much more fun to steal Loki's candy corn toy than to play with her own.

11) None of us furry babies will wear a costume for mommy, so she has given up.

12) My sisters and I all helped mommy bake a halloween cake and cookies last night. She said something about us being too helpful, but I'm sure she didn't mean that. How can anyone be too helpful?

13) Ivy and I went to bed early to make sure that the bed was nice and warm for mommy, and to make sure she didn't have nightmares from all of the spooky stuff. Holly never joined us last night . . . I wonder what she was doing.

21 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Hallowe'en at your place sounds like lots of fun! It is great of you to help your mom bake cake and cookies, and it's wonderful that you get gifts on Hallowe'en! Sorry to hear your mom did not remain a kitty. Oh well.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

It sounds like you guys had a very fun Halloween. Can you believe that after Samwise's Barkday party our beans left us ALONE all night? They did, those meanies!! Next Halloween we are coming to stay with you!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

Hey, did you say "halloween cake"? I loves cake!
I am sad that your mommie is not part kitty, but I'm glad that you all had a nice holiday!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Sounds like you had a very festive and happy Halloween. WE had no little visitors so we wasn't scared last night. Mom made sure that we stayed out of the windows ... don't want to tempt fate.

Purrs
Abby

jenianddean said...

Wowy! Your mom sure does a great job with Halloween. Halloween is also my mom's favorite holiday. She and dad carved 10 pumpkins! We also did have a lot of trick or treaters. We still had a great time looking at all the kids in their costumes (from the window of course).

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

PS I hope Holly was safe on the broom last night!

Daisy said...

It sounds like you had a very wonderful and fun Halloween at hour house! We only got TWO trick or treaters at my house because it was very stormy and windy out. This made me sad.

ps: I am just a little bit scairt of the reaper.

Jimmy Joe said...

Hmmm...your sister Holly might be a Wiccan. It sure does sound like you guys had a great Halloween. It's too bad your momma didn't remain a kitty, though.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Forty Paws said...

Wow! You guys do love Halloween! We didn't have very many trick or treaters here either. Maw thinks it's because the clocks didn't get set back and so it didn't get dark until 7:00.

Luf, Us

Unknown said...

You get PRESENTS on Halloween!!?!!? We are SO JEALOUS! This is not fair.
Hope they were good ones!

Samantha & Mom said...

Cute Kitty Mom, so sorry she turned back into a human bean! Oh well, there is always next year. You guys had a lot of fun last night. Such good family time and neat that you get gifts! So where do you think Holly was last night? Umm....maybe we don't want to know!! :grins:
Your FL furiends,

Gemini said...

It sounds like you had a nice quiet Halloween. We had only one child come by! I wish we had gotten extra temptations and then I could eat all the leftovers!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow! It sounds like you all had great fun. Halloween is my mommy's favorite holiday too. Unfortunately I did have to wear that stoopid costume. Jeez. I had to stay in my safe room so no broom rides for me and Bendrix.
We watched lotsa scary TV yesterday and the Ghost Hunter's Live Special on Scifi. We'll watch the rest tonight. We love ghosty shows!

Sassy Kat said...

You guys had a busy busy Halloween. Lookes like you had a lot of fun. I bet it was fun sitting by the front door looking out into the night.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Nice post! Sounds like you had a fun day. Yeah, always a pity that kittymommy always turn back into a bean after a while. SS's niece once humoured me for days when she would turn up visiting after school with whiskers and cat ears. Then she got sick of it and reverted to being a girl beanie again and stayed that way forever more.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We had almost no trick or treaters either. And no toys...mom's a pooper.

Mickey's Musings said...

Boy, I had a nap ot 3 reading ALL that you did last night.You have a busy home!!!!!!!!Mom knows about getting extra "help".
I would like to see Ivy "helping" with the pumpkins,heehee
Purrs

Tara said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great Halloween! And I loved your Mom as a kitty!

Tara

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

For the No.13
That is very very very sweet, and exactly the thing I do for michico everyday~!!!!

So guys are so so sweet~!

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Wow! You certainly had an exciting Halloween! Ours was boring. We never get any trick-or-treaters so we don't bother getting candies, but the last couple years my OTW hasn't even bothered decorating, even though Halloween is her favourtie holiday.

I'm so sorry your mom didn't stay a cat. Very good Man-cat job on the Halloween inspections!

~Jack

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Well, if halloween is your human's favourite day of the year then she simply MUST be a witch. I mean, if she can magic herself into a cat on halloween then it says it all really.

Respect to your human! x

Sunny's Mommy said...

Sounds like all of you had a great time on Halloween :-)

Maybe Holly decided to stay up, to practice being the Grim Reeper for next year?