CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tortie Tuesday - Mornings

Yesterday Tybalt showed you his morning routine, so today we Tortie Twins are going to show you ours! Here we are in our usual morning spots, waiting for mommy to finish getting ready for work so she can spend time with us before she leaves.


IVY
Here I am, nesting in MY nip lounger in front of the heat box. Yes, it is MY nip lounger because I have claimed in in the name of tortiedom! I know Tybalt wanted it, and I know Holly likes it, but that is just too bad. It is MY nip lounger. They keep reminding me that Mommy bought it for all of us to share, but that is just too darned bad. It is MY lounger. I am the one who sleeps in it every night. I am the one who runs to it when I hear the heat box click on. I am the one who snuggles against the heat box and gives it lots of attention and licks to let it know what a good job it is doing. I am the one who rolls in it and drools in nipped out ecstasy. This is MY nip lounger. . . at least while the heat box is on. When the cool air comes out of the heat box, I don't care as much anymore. Why does cool air come out of my heat box? I think mommy needs to get it fixed. We need the heat box to work year round so I can snuggle it and feel the warm air in my furs. Why would I want cold air blowing my furs? Silly mommy.
HOLLY

Here I am, sitting in mommy's bedroom floor and trying to patiently wait for her to follow me into the kitchen and give me Temptations. See the red thing behind me? That is mommy's new comforter set for her bed. It is pink and red and brown, because mommy keeps saying she is going to paint her bedroom and make it pink and brown. Mommy is lazy, so that hasn't happened yet, so the comforter set lives on the floor. I like it there. I like to paw at it and make the plastic bag it is in make squeaky sounds. When I'm tired of that, I will pounce on it and bunnykick it, and then when I am tired of that, I will curl up in a cute little ball and sleep on top of it. I have to sleep there, because someone is hogging the nip lounger. That's fine, Ivy. I've found my own special bed!

When mommy finally finishes with whatever it is she does in the bathroom every morning, she comes out and sees all three of us waiting for her. Then we chirp to her, and usually Tybalt is the one who talks the most and leads the way into the kitchen. Then we all hop up onto the counter and ask for our morning Temptation treat. Mommy gives Tybalt his in our food bowl, and then has to give us our own treats a little way away from him . . . because Tybalt is a Temptation HOG! Then mommy plays a little bit with us so that we can get our morning exercise, and then she tries to trick Ivy so that Ivy won't follow her down the stairs and scoot past her into the basement and make her late for work. This is what we do every weekday morning! A lot of times we get confused about Saturday, so Tybalt has to bite mommy on the nose to remind her that we need our treats, and Holly has to cry in the living room so that mommy remembers to open the blinds so that she can see the birdies, and Ivy has to whap the blinds to make sure mommy knows that we expect her to get up on time.

28 meows:

Parker said...

Those weekend mornings are rough. BUT - then the humans stay home all day and make up for it. It all evens out...

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I do not let Mom forget, that when's it is time for her to get up, I get fed. I have a loud meow and I know's how to use it!

Anonymous said...

That's a very nice routine! It's very interesting to see how all the kitties train their Mom's to give them their Temptations! Mom has some prints to hang on the walls. They've been on the floor, leaning against the wall for a while now. Maybe that's where she wants them? We don't understand.

Java's Coffee House said...

I love a kitty that stakes her claim on something and doesn't give it up. You hold on to that heat box and nip lounger you pretty tortie you.

Luvs
Java

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What an exhausting routine! It's no wonder we kitties need our frequent long naps.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

We cats sure do have a regular routine every day!
--JB

Cecil the Cougar: said...

Weekend mornings are my least favorite. Sometimes Mommie and Daddy do not get up until very late. I am used to getting my breakfast at 7:30AM on the dot! It is so unfair!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

A routine is a very important thing you know.

PB 'n J said...

Wow, you have your Mommy really well trained! Sometimes, ours forgets the morning treats if she is running late, we hate that.

catsynth said...

How wonderful to have a morning routine. You are both very pretty in those photos.

The Whiskers and Purrs Gang said...

Sure wish we had a nip lounger...dang...we is neglected!

Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Daisy said...

It sounds like you have a very well-organized routine for your mornings. Routines are important for smooth operations of things.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding work, ladies! You certainly have your human trained well, although there is some room for improvement on the weekends. Still, humans can be trained if you are patient.

The Furry Kids said...

You guys have a busy morning. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

jenianddean said...

Maggie is our resident treat hog. My treats go in my bowl and the others get their's across the room. I eat mine very slow. Maggie inhales hers and then comes after mine. Sisters!

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yep you haf to have a rooteen. Mine is to walk on the Beans heads to tell them it is morning, an hour before the alarm goes off. I fink they probly pree-shee ate it.
Eric

Mickey's Musings said...

That is a wonderful routine! We have heaters that blow warm air too and we lay on top of them 'cause they are in the floor!Plastic is good to sleep un as it is warm:)
Purrs Georgia

DK & The Fluffies said...

Nice display of Tortitude!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

We always wake mommy up and then sit in the kitchen staring at her while she is having her coffee. We meow and meow but she always says she has to have HER coffee first before we get our stinky goodness. How unfair is that!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and SImon

Ellen Whyte said...

From the half closed eyes I'd say you are NOT morning kitties. Bet you lie in bed for a few hours after the servant leaves :-)

Mr. Hendrix said...

you tell them whose spot that is Ivy! Bendrix thinks it is great you're guarding it so closely. Stoopid cold air.

We love that you all have a specific responsibility to get your mommy up on Saturday morning. Great teamwork!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thanks for sharing your morning routine with us! You are very lucky to get Temptations every morning!

MaoMao said...

hehehe, sounds like alla you kitties have yur Momma well-trained! We Ballicai have got our beans well trained, too, fur the most part, ecksept we haven't quite got the Steenky Goodness 24/7 on demand part yet!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Holly and Ivy and Tybalt -- you are all such cutiepies! So cute to hear about your morning routine -- we Ballicai get Temptations every morning, too! *smile*

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think you are doing great, actually the best routine of we do is let our beans have to do their routine everyday!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

You are all so polite to your mommy in the mornings!!
Ivy, I think the nip lounger is yours too.

Ana said...

That was such a lovely story again. It's great to see how your cats have trained you! And of course morning treats are very important and a Saturday cannot change that :)

Sunny's Mommy said...

You cats have your Mommy well trained. I think you might need to work with her about Saturdays a bit more though. Saturday is not an excuse for Mommy to slack!