CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Mancat Monday - Blueberries and Bobtails

Hello kitties! As you know, being a successful mancat means living in the moment, and not being afraid to try anything new. I always do my best to uphold this fine mancatly way of life, which explains how I discovered that blueberries are super yummy. My grandmama sent my mommy home Saturday night with a big blueberry muffin. My mommy saved it for breakfast on Sunday morning. She was really looking forward to it. Well, Sunday morning came, and she settled down with her blueberry muffin, with me snuggled up in her lap purring up a storm, as always. The next thing she knew . . . . CHOMP! I had taken a huge bite out of her blueberry muffin, and was coming in for more! Mommy knows better than to be squeamish, so she finished the muffin anyway . . . she says that if she didn't eat after her kitties, she would starve. I didn't even get in trouble. Mommy just laughed and gave me a kiss and told me I was cute. Ahhh . . . being a mancat is the best! As you can see, I am paying an homage to blueberries with my portrait today. Not only do I look very regal in this color, it also reminds me of Violet in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," which is yet another fine movie I must review!

In other news, mommy was looking up what she thinks is my breed: The American Bobtail. Here are some pictures:



Not only do I look very similar to these kitties, but my personality matches what the CFA says in their site . . . although bits of it did make mommy laugh. Just look at this introduction:

"At first glance you are sure that you have just seen a bobcat, you slowly turn and your gaze falls upon this magnificent and untamed looking creature. It captivates you. Your eyes meet and you are drawn to a far away place where hearts run wild and free. The cat cleans its luxurious fur, blinks its eyes at you and begins to purr. You long to stroke its soft, thick fur and hold him in your arms, but do you dare? Tentatively you reach for the amazing animal. He stands up and stretches, allowing you to marvel at his substantial body and his natural short tail. He is a thing of the wild, of that you are sure. The cat saunters over to you and demands attention, you cautiously pick him up and are amazed at his personality. Affectionate, intelligent and gentle, your heart has been stolen by an American Bobtail."

I can tell you, kitties, my mommy "dares" to take me in her arms quite often!

"They interact well with people of all ages and serve a great purpose in the family home as a major source of entertainment due to their clown like personalities. They also offer a warm, soft shoulder to cry on when needed. They are known for their love of games and can play fetch or hide and seek for hours on end. They will often initiate a game and can be very persistent until you play with them. They are basically quiet cats in voice, however they do trill, chirp and click when delighted. They are easily leash-trained and love to go for walks. Not technically thieves, the American Bobtail’s love of shiny objects makes it necessary to keep jewelry boxes closed and even locked."

I freely admit that I am a thief. I steal mommy's things all the time . . . especially her sweaters and socks and STRAWS, and even her little stuffed animals. I haven't gotten to her jewelry yet, but that is probably because she doesn't wear much, so I don't get to see it often. I think it is fun to take her things away and watch her search for them. It keeps mommy on her toes. I also don't talk much to anyone except mommy, but I chat to her constantly. Mostly it is in chirps and trills, but occasionally I yell for her, especially when it is past my bedtime and she hasn't gotten to bed to snuggle me yet. I also scream for her when she is in a room with the door closed and I can't get to her. I don't like it when I can't see my mommy.


Apparently there are two different stories floating around about the origin of my breed. The first and most interesting story is that a siamese and bobcat had kittens together. The second is that a shorter tailed tabby and siamese had kittens. Either way, I have siamese ancestry! (Which we already knew since I'm a handsome lynx point!) Does this mean I get to add Meezer Rules to my Mancat Mondays?

27 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

"Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!" Mommy loves that line and was very unhappy that it was left out of the remake. No matter what breed your are Tybalt, you are one handsome mancat!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tybalt
YOU are unquestionably one handsome mancat and Momma thought it was funny that you turned violet today! My Momma loves blueberries, but she said they are really expensive to buy

Ana said...

Tybalt, I enjoyed your post so much today!

"she says that if she didn't eat after her kitties, she would starve" LOL, your Mommy is very wise! Pumuckl also always has to eat with us and steals my things, he even opens the drawers to do that :)

LZ said...

Well yes you are a meezer! I'm one too even though I'm technically an Oriental Shorthair. Being a meezer is in the heart and you my friend are a thief- as am I. Maybe its just a lynxie thing. I can't not steal.

Kaze

Mr. Hendrix said...

oooo you are one stunning Mancat! blueberries? hmmmm, i'll have to try those. we were not fond of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory remake which really made mommy sad cause she adores Johnny Depp.

If you keep eating your mommy's food, you may turn blue and we'll have to rooooooll you to your movie reviews! ha ha ha

Mr. Hendrix said...

PS we don't know breeds, but you look like the floofy pictures and you have sticky paws...either way, you're handsome!

PB 'n J said...

Yep - that bobtail could be you, or not! Doesn't matter when you're such a handsome ManCat!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We don't know of any law that says us kitties can't eat blueberries. Our Mom has a muffin in the freezer and we thinks it may have our name on it! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Tybalt, you are a gorgeous ManCat, no matter your breed or color! We love cake, so bring on the blueberry muffins!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

hehe!!! Blueberries ARE delicious! As you know, I eat anything and everything that the human eats - and blueberries, especially a blueberry smoothie - is one of my favourites! You are turning violet hahahaha !x

Unknown said...

Tybalt, you are indeed one handsome mancat!

I don't like it when my Mum is behind a closed door either - we have a no-door closed policy in this house.

I also insist that we go to bed at 11:00 or I cry and whine and make a big fuss!

The CFA had very interesting things to say about your breed, many of them quite cute and funny!

Emma's Kat said...

Yummm, blueberries! You had to make sure the muffin was okay for meowmie to eat, right? :P You are a furry handsome macat as well Tybalt. Meowmie says she loves your name.

-Marley

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Hmmm well...Meezers get their points because they carry the black gene, which means you must then Midnight Monday to your Monday postins as somewhere, deep down insider their lurkes a house panther!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

i do not knows about blooberrys but I LOVES moofins!
-v

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

You look awesomely handsome in blue, Tybalt! We think you should indulge in blueberry muffins on a regular basis ... hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

We just watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory again about a month ago. Mom loves. Oh, the old version, that is. You should review it!
--JB

Mickey's Musings said...

Tybalt,you are putting the blue in blueberry !! Heehee
You look so good whatever the breed :)
Purrs Mickey

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think I prefer blueberries in cream than in muffin!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

blueberries ~!!!!
That is very special choice of yours~!!!!
I am impress!!

meemsnyc said...

Blueberries, YUM.

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

I don't know if I like blueberries (probably not) but I do like to look at you, you handsome mancat!

Purrrrrrrrrrrs, China Cat

Tara said...

You are so handsome Tybalt, a true mancat!

My mom also knows better than to be squeamish. She says that by now, she has shared all of mine and Kavan's germs!

Tara

Motor Home Cats said...

The line that Capt. Jack and Sir Dante quotes is Mom's favorite line too. We love Blueberry muffins too - aren't they delish, and yes, Mom does eat after us too.

We had a great time with y'all on Saturday. You will have to come over again soon.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Hi Holly and Ivy,

I had a lot of fun with you on Saturday. Will you come over to play with me again soon?

Cody

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Blooberries? Eewww!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Blueberry muffins are very yummy. Next time, your Mommy should tell Grandmama she needs 2 muffins, please :-D

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt you are so handsome in violet!! Our Mom is finally home!! So I can comment again! I have missed you!!
Piurrrrs and noekisses,
Sammie-Pie

The Furry Bambinos said...

Tybalt, all this time we never noticed about your tail! Thanks so much for telling us more about you!

You sure are one handsome mancat!

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat