CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Film Quotes

This seemed like a fun thing to do, so I'm going to be the kitty quizzer this week!

Here are thirteen quotes from movies. If you are the first to guess a quote correctly, then I will put your name down as the correct guesser next to the quote! If some aren't guessed by late this afternoon, I may provide some extra hints . . . but we are all smart kitties, I bet I won't need to! No cheating either, kitties! Try your best to resist the lure of Googling. . .I know it is hard, but be strong!

Okay . . . here we go!

1. "The humans have tried everything. Now it's up to us dogs, and the twilight bark." - Spirit and Ezra (101 Dalmatians)

2. "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful, and when meddled with, dangerous." - Chance (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)

3. "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!" TT/Dragonheart and Merlin (Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back)

4. "You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! " - Captain Jack and Sir Dante (The Princess Bride)

5. "Say goodbye to your two best friends, and I don't mean your pals in the Winnebego." - Ghost (Spaceballs)
Hint: Mel Brooks Movie

6. "I'm complicated." - Veronica! (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
Hint: Stuart Townsend speaks the line.


7. "I gave her my heart, she gave me a pen." - Captain Jack and Sir Dante (Say Anything)

8. "Some places are like people: some shine and some don't." - Parker (The Shining)

9. "You offer it to me freely? I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this." - Chance (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring)

10. "Stay close to the candles. The stairway can be . . . treacherous." - Ghost (Young Frankenstein)

11. "The FBI has gotten along beautifully all these years without using my room as a piece of operation. Now I want Tom Swift, or whoever that is, and his electric scoreboard, or whatever that thing is, out of my room before this afternoon, or I'm gonna become very difficult. Do I make myself clear? " - Ghost (That Darn Cat)
Hint: Disney movie starring a meezer.


12. "As though we were made for each other... Beauty and the Beast. Of course, if anyone else calls you beast, I'll rip their lungs out. " - Queen Snickers (Batman)
Hint: Jack Nicholson speaks this line.

13. "I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue." - Samantha (Casablanca)
Hint: Humphrey Bogart speaks this line in a classic film.

27 meows:

Spirit and Ezra said...

#1 is 101 Dalmations.

We don't know the rest. This worries Momma, cause she's a film student and thinks she knows all the movies ever.

Sorry Momma, but you don't.

Spirit and Ezra said...

OOh ooh wait! #2 may be Harry Potter.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

The big male bean says #3 is Empire Strikes back .... Mom hasn't any clue what any of the movies are. I cant waits to see the answers!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

#3 is from The Empire Strikes Back. Our humans are big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, so we recognize that quote. Han Solo says it when he slices open a Tauntaun for warmth for Luke.

Chance said...

1) 101 Dalmations
2) Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban
9) Lord of the rings, Fellowship of the ring.

Dose arr da only wuns Mommie noes.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Number 4 is The Princess Bride. Mommy loves the dialogue in that movie!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

#7 is Say Anything. Mommy LOVES John Cusack!!

Parker said...

#8. Mommy's favorite author - S. King - that's from the Shining!

Myst and Blackie said...

#10 is from Young Frankenstein - Mom likes Mel Brooks movies

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Momma is awful forgetful...she doesn't even recognize any of those...even with the answers...I fink I should worry about my Momma


Purrs
Abby

The Furry Kids said...

Man, all the ones we knew the answers to are done. Bummer.

EG

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Well the ones we knew someone else had already guessed. ~Socks, S & C

Anonymous said...

::Hanging heads in shame:: We don't know this knid of stuff.

PB 'n J said...

Aw jeeze, we're too late, all the ones we know are guessed!

Myst and Blackie said...

5 is from Spaceballs & we think 11 is from That Darn Cat

Samantha & Mom said...

Is 13 Casablanca!
Purrrs and whisker kisses,
Sammie-Pie

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

#12 Batman Batman! Momma is a HUGE FAN! Batman has been her favorite superhero sence she was 13! At she has loved Catwoman that long too! :0 She even collecter her comics. hehe ~Queen Snickers

MaoMao said...

I came in late to do any guessin, but whatta fun game! All of those nifty moovie lines.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

Hi! We wanted to thank you for visiting our blog and seeing our woofie cousins!

Also, Mommy thanks you for your kind words about her Mommy!

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

6 is the leegs of extordinary gentlemens??? is its???

Anonymous said...

Those are all really neat movie quotes! *smile*

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Unknown said...

Me and Mum don't know any! My Mum and I never watch movies because my Mum has the attention span of a ......mmmmmm...what has a short attention span? a nat?

Samantha & Mom said...

Yippee! I was right! Wanna come over and play?
Purrrrrrrrrs,
Samantha

Mickey's Musings said...

Cool meme,but we don't see enough movies :(
Oops ;)
Purrs Mickey

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

oh, those are really great movie quotes!

Christine and FAZ said...

Furry furry good quotes. Luv FAZ

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

These are very good quotes~!!!
Wowww...I enjoy reading all of these!