CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tortie Tuesday - Brushing

Hello Kitties! It's Holly here for this week's Tortie Tuesday, to let you all in on a big grooming secret: the importance of brushing! Our new kitty friend Veronica was requesting some brush/comb reviews, and we wanted to help her out, so Tybalt and I did a photo shoot for her. Veronica wants kitty reviews in order to raise money for Alley Cat Allies, so please go visit her blog here and let her know if you can help!

Here I am preparing for the photo shoot. As you can see, mommy hasn't invested in a spiffy expensive brush yet. We make do with this standard model. But kitties - the model itself isn't important! You will see what I mean in a moment.


Here mommy is starting to run the brush through my furs. Oh, it feels lovely! And once she runs the brush through my furs a few times, the brush even starts to smell like me . . . and I smell great!

The brushing was going so well I decided to move our little grooming session to the couch. As you can see, my furs are very shiny. Good nutrition (eating lots of crunchies and temptations!) and being properly groomed will give you these sleek and shiny furs as well. If you look closely you can see how my loose furs are being trapped by the brush. This means I won't have to hack a furball up in the hallway at 2 AM! This gives me more time for games of Thundering Herd of Elephants or Whap the Blinds or simply Napping.

This is what I mean . . . this cheap brush still managed to do its job so well and felt so good that I had to give it the bitey! Not only that, but I had to bunnykick it and mommy as well! Oh, how I love to be brushed . . . it is almost as good as a nip-fest!


No torties were harmed during this photo shoot, but mommy still has a few scratches to remind her of how much I looooove my brush!

Also, the TATAs have two new members: Georgia, Mickey's lovely polydactyl tortie sister (like me!) and Starbuck, a young beauty who is a tuxie-tortie! Please come by to welcome them to our association. Also, Starbuck now has her very own bloggie! You can visit her here.

29 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

You look very happy ot be brushed. We do not like being brushed because it is not very piratey. How can we look fearsome being perfectally groomed? Not possible!

Monty Q. Kat said...

I love my brush, 'cept when BabyBean tries to help and I get bonked on teh head.

Anonymous said...

Brushing is wonderful. We have the standard cat brushes in nearly every room, but we also have a Zoom Groom. That is for outside brushing only, because it really gets the undercoat furs floating in the air. We think they look very pretty, but Mom wants those floaters to be outside!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Holly, you are really enjoying being brushed. We always find other cats responses to brushing very interesting, since we are never brushed and so haven't experienced it.

Samantha & Mom said...

Holly that is some great brushing pictures! I love being brushed, too! I could sit for hours and let mom brush me! Tigger's fur is short so he doesn't get brushed too often.

Hi Tybalt sweetie, I'm coming right over so we can snuggle in the Nip Lounger!
Your Sammie-Pie

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I don't much like to be brushed, no doubt because I have such short fur.

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Brushing, biteys and bunnykicking ... you had quite the fulfilling day, Holly! Your furs look beautiful! We got all sorts of brushes, but momma needs to get off of her duff and use them on us, well maybe not Simon, he hardly ever needs it.
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina and Sam

Artsy Catsy said...

Isn't brushing just the best ... and bunny-kicking it is the next best! Hey, Tybalt, thanks for standing by us during the earthquakes. Five days later we're still having aftershocks!

Rocky & staff

PB 'n J said...

I bunny kick the brush too! Maybe it's a tortie thing?

But when I want Mommy to be done I start bitting and kicking the brush then I run away!

Pearl

Unknown said...

Holly, it looks like you are enjoying your brushing! I LOVE being brushed too, it is so refreshing : )

Daisy said...

Biting the brush proves you love it!

Mr. Hendrix said...

oh you look so so happy! it makes me wish i liked to be brushed but i don't. i tolerate it, but only for a few seconds.
we're hoping a Furminator will make me like it, but mommy hasn't ordered me one yet!

bendrix says hi to Ivy! where are your pictures chewing on the brush Ivy?

Unknown said...

yeye me can has brushingz too! me don't like it too much but only armpitz me like. Tybalt you try to eat your brushez? i know i try that before and it yackyz!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I am shy of the brush but Shadow LOVES his and does exactly whats you do - bitey, hugs it and then when mommy bean lets go, he bunny kicks it ALOTS! hehe It must be a polydactyl thing :)

jenianddean said...

Wowie! What a wonderful brushing report! I love to be brushed and so does Josie. Maggie loves the new Furminator, but Huggy Bear still think it is trying to steal his furs.

Sorry I haven't been visiting much the last week or so. My mom has been out of town and I need her thumbs to type and use the mouse.

Take care!
-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Sunny's Mommy said...

That was an excellent review of your brush. I can tell you love it!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I don't like brushing at all. Unfortunately I have to be brushed often to get rid of tangles and loose furs.

I'll be visiting with the boys, Opus and Roscoe, for the next week! Please visit us at their blog at http://catnapsinitaly.blogspot.com
to see what we are up to. That trip in the Flying Van from Sydney was an experience and a half.

Mickey's Musings said...

Oh look at you getting brushed! I like brushes too :) It feels like a massage cause Mom uses the Zoom Groom .Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Thanks for the welcome at the TATA! I had to bug Mom a long time to get my application in ,heehee
Purrs Georgia

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Fanks for da good reminder to get groomed. We can't believe yoo sat still as long as yoo did.

The Furry Kids said...

Great review! I can tell how much you like to be brushed. And your furs look so nice and shiny.

Love,
Tazo

Milton said...

You have furry good form for making sure that you get all your furrs brushed! I like the way it feels like a massage when I gets brushed.

Cecil the Cougar: said...

I am glad that you love being brushed so much, perhaps you can be brushed for me! I really really hate it. I just give bitey after bitey to the brush and Mommie's hand. It is a good thing I barely shed.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Put da bitey on da brush!

catsynth said...

Being brushed is great. It's like getting a massage.

Motor Home Cats said...

Oh Holly, you look like you are really enjoying your brushing session. I don't like to be touched, so I have never been brushed, but my brothers love it. Mom will sometimes even use her brush on them in the morning when they come looking for love.

Cody

PS - tell Ivy Hi for me too.

Ana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ana said...

Holly, this was an excellent lesson. Would you mind coming over to explain Chica and Pumuckl how nice it is to be brushed? They don't like it at all.

Jans Funny Farm said...

We love to be brushed too. Well, most of us do. Percy is independent and Rusty is so-so on the subject. (He who needs it the most objects the hardest.)

Mr. Echo said...

I love the brush and I dont see it as much as I think I shood. Since I gots short meezer furs Mommy nefurr thinks of it. But Tenny gets brushed a lot more. It's not fair is it Tybalt??