CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tortie Tuesday - Tattlin' on Tybalt

Ivy: Tybalt isn't the only one trying to nap through the heat. I was curled up next to mommy on the couch when she decided I was too cute, so she had to get up and find the flashy box. I suppose I am too cute! Just look at me! (Hee hee)Holly: Mommy thought the same about me. I was at her feet, napping on top of her flip flops. I LOVE shoes! Mommy's flip flops smelled so good that I rolled around on them before I finally fell asleep with this smile on my face.
Now for the tattle-tail part of our Tortie Tuesday post.

Last Thursday and Friday mommy got a new roof. She has needed one ever since she moved in, and she finally managed to get one this year. (Mommy edit: Thank you tax refund and economic stimulus checks!)

Anyway, Thursday morning bright and early some strange men came with loud machines and started tromping around on our roof. They were very, very loud and they were there ALL DAY. I was okay with it. I just watched out of the windows to make sure they were doing their job correctly.

Ivy: BUT TYBALT!!!! He was a scaredy-cat! He ran and hid ALL DAY LONG. When mommy got home Thursday night she called him and called him, but the loud men were still on the roof so Tybalt wouldn't come out. Mommy finally laid down on the bedroom floor and looked under the bed, and there Tybalt was! He scooted over to the edge and talked to her, but he wouldn't come out to see her. He was too scared!

Holly: Later on after the noisy men left he came out on his own to find mommy in the living room. And what did she do? She picked him up and kissed him and called him a brave boy! Mommy is a LIAR!

Ivy: We just laughed at him.

Holly: And then the next day the loud men came again and got back up on the roof. And mommy got a kind of panicky call from Almost Dad because he couldn't find Tybalt! He looked under the chairs and under the bed, and no Tybalt. He was scared he had gotten out somehow. But then he saw Tybalt at the foot of the stairs down to the basement. He had wedged himself between the bottom stair and the basement door!

Ivy: I don't know if Tybalt is a Master of Disguise like he claims, but he certainly has his disappearing act down! When Grandmama came over later in the day, she couldn't find him anywhere either. And Grandpapa came over and had to ask if mommy still had Tybalt, because he didn't see him anywhere. But when mommy came home, he came right out to see her - but of course, the noisy men were gone by then.

Holly: So that is our tattle - Tybalt is a fraidy cat!!!!!!

Ivy: HAHAHAHAHA, TYBALT! FRAIDY CAT! FRAIDY CAT!

Tybalt: Ivy, aren't you forgetting who the kitty was that was so upset by the loud men that they had a sick tummy, and all over mommy's kitchen rug? Hmmmmm?

Ivy: . . . . . . hush Tybalt. You know I'm sensitive.

Holly: I guess I'm the only brave kitty here!

27 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Tybalt was just practicing his hiding skillz is all! No way he's afraid of silly roofing men! Congrats on the new roof! We know how badly you needed one.

Anonymous said...

Tybalt, it's OK to find a hidey hole when strangers around. Just in case...

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Loud noises aren't fun, I don'ts blame thems for hiding when the men weres there.

Congrats to you Holly for beings the brave tortie!

catsynth said...

Wow, you have to brave the heat and the strange loud men. It's perfectly ok to hide. That shows good judgment.

Jimmy Joe said...

You both look very cute indeed, Holly and Ivy. But I think that Tybalt was very smart to go hidey when there are scary bangs on the roof!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

Most of us hide when strange things start to happen!
My brofur Napoleon likes shoes, too!
Cute pictures!!!
~ Timothy

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh we think you are all brave to have all that noise and crazy men banging and hitting your roof. It would've made me hide too...

Purrs
Abby

Daisy said...

Tybalt, I do not blame you one little bit. I would run and hide under the bed, too.

LZ said...

We gotted a new roof last fall and it was totally WEIRD! I kept looking out at the scissor jack thing because it was too weird. None of us got too scared but I can see why you would!!

Kaze

PB 'n J said...

Tybalt you were just practicing your stealth kitty skills - that's what I do when someone comes to the door, or works on the house or pretty much anything happens that I don't like! It has nothing to do with being scared. We big floofy ManCats need to be stealth, since we so big and mancatly!

Jake

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Renna told us you had loud men on your roof! I'm sure Empress would be hiding too. I think I would be ok though. :) ~Queen Snickers

Mr. Echo said...

Tybalt I think yoo showed grate commin sense in hiding!

Ana said...

Haha, what a nice story. Noise is really awful, so better to hide under the bed!

We had fireworks at the weekend and Chica & Pumuckl also have been very scared, so what about workers on the roof!

Ivy, we hope your tummy is ok again?!

Mr. Tigger in Cat-Lands said...

Tybalt, I know you was just being careful! Hey those men might have fallen through the roof and squashed you! Thanks for coming by today and cooling off with me.
Nosekisses,
Sammie-Pie

Motor Home Cats said...

Tybalt, it is okay to be afraid of scary, bad men. Afterall, I am afraid of my own Mom, and scary bad men are much worse than Mom's.

Cody

Holly and Ivy,

HELP!!!

Cody

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Oh Tybalt, I feel yur pain. I wented a runnin' when da thunder boomers came dis weekend. Most man cats don't do dat but loud noises make me scared. So yoo don't haf to feel bad. Loud noises are enuf to make humans hide too.

Mickey's Musings said...

Gee Tybalt, now that you have found all the good hiding places,we can play Hide & Seek with Holly & Ivy!! ;)
I am not crazy about strange beans on the roof either !
Purrs Mickey

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Tybalt,

I doez nots beleevz dat you iz afaridy cat. Oh no! You iz justee bein' cawshus & inspectin' your surroundinz.
Dis iz how you has to makes da restee of da fambly safe.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I don't like noise either,
it's very uncomfy while the loud noise coming~!!
I will hide, too!

Willow said...

My Food Lady calls me chicken-kitty but I don't mind because I do hide if anyone other than my Food Lady or my Big Janitor comes into my house! I always hide under the bed if the doorbell rings. So, Tybalt, don't be embarrassed at all if you go somewhere to feel safe!

Thanks for purring for my dad - he came home last night after his surgery and I think that he feels better because of all the purrs!

Purrrrrrrs, Willow

Tara said...

Oh Tybalt, it is OK, I don't like loud noises either. You never know what might happen..

Tara

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Holly and Ivy, you are both very cute! That is quite the tattle on your brother! We love meeting new people, so we don't understand how others can be scared by them!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Hey Bro,
I think you must have just wanted to find a quiet place to "take a nap". You and I are the same....hee hee....we go find "a place to nap" when beans start making too much noise! I would do the exact same thing you did!
--JB

Mr. Hendrix said...

uh oh, it looks like there was lots of tattlin going on. thank goodness i only have to keep my secrets from Bendrix...

Jans Funny Farm said...

Tybalt was just playing it safe. He's so cute he didn't want to be kidnapped by any of those roof guys.

purrs and tail wags

Ellen Whyte said...

Tybalt has the right idea. You never know if that roof's going to come down when those clumsy humans are standing on it!

Java's Coffee House said...

You are the cutest kitty my precious Ivy! And such a brave kitty too!

nosekisses
Java