CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - What I Watch With Mommy


13 Things I Like to Watch With Mommy
  1. Classic Movies - Last night we watched "Some Like It Hot." Mommy was on the phone to Almost Dad and squealed something about lemons dragging . . . I am not sure what she meant, but it was pretty funny seeing a man do the tango in a wig and dress.
  2. Disney Movies - The latest one I reviewed was "The Aristocats" which is a great animated feature. However, there are a lot of wonderful live-action Disney movies as well, such as "The Cat From Outer Space." I will have to review that one soon.
  3. Shakespeare - After all, I am named after a character from "Romeo and Juliet." I was reared on the classics, and you can't get any more classic than the Bard himself!
  4. "Breed All About It" - Sure, this show is only about dog breeds, but it is still pretty interesting. Almost every weekend, mommy and I spend a little extra time in bed in the morning and watch this. Sometimes the show makes my mommy's eyes leak, like when they were showing how Rottweilers actually make good therapy dogs. I just liked the way the doggie looked in his clown suit.
  5. "Nova" - Every Tuesday night mommy and I get a little educational time in and watch "Nova" on PBS before we go to sleep. I've learned all sorts of interesting things. One week I learned all about black holes, and several weeks before that they taught me about "genetic memory" encoded into DNA!
  6. "America's Ballroom Challenge" - Yet another show on PBS. (Mommy is a big fan of educational television.) For the past several weeks, mommy and I have been watching the dance competitions every Wednesday night. Last night was the Latin competition, and in the show dance part a couple dressed up as robots and danced to music from "Transformers!" I bet Almost Dad was very impressed.
  7. British Comedies - Our favorite is "Are You Being Served?" Mommy loves the character Mr. Humphries, but I think she should like Mrs. Slocombe more. After all, Mrs. Slocombe takes very good care of her pussy. I don't know why everyone laughs when she talks about it.
  8. Cartoon Network - I'm a big fan of cartoons. They are bright and colorful and have a lot of movement in them. Most of the time we watch more recent cartoons like "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy," but we also watch the older classics such as "Scooby Doo, Where Are You?"
  9. "Family Guy" - Thanks to the joys of syndication, mommy can work in several hours of Family Guy reruns a night. She's a big fan of Stewie and Brian, so if it is an episode focusing on them, you can bet we will watch it (whether I want to or not.) I like the ones where Peter fights the Giant Chicken. There is a lot of action and movement in those episodes!
  10. Spooky Movies - Mommy has always been a big fan of classic horrors and thrillers. We watch a lot of movies that have Vincent Price in them. We also watch pretty much anything that has vampires in it.
  11. Mel Brooks - His movies are very funny, but my mommy and I love "Young Frankenstein" best. I cannot even tell you kitties how many times we have watched this movie. I think I can quote it to you now. =^_^=
  12. Animal Planet - Some of the shows we avoid because they make my mommy's eyes too leaky, but we do watch a lot of other shows on Animal Planet besides "Breed All About It." My favorites are the ones that involve kitties. Last weekend we watched "Awesome Pawsome," which was about raising domestic tigers in Australia. I love watching our bigger cousins . . . I still can't believe they like the water!
  13. Anime - Japanese Animation is watched A LOT at our house. It is a good thing I'm a fan of cartoons, or otherwise I'd be one unhappy kitty! A lot of the animes have at least one kitty in them, which makes me happy. I am also learning how to meow in Japanese by watching them subtitled rather than dubbed.

40 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those sound like great things that you watch with your mom, except for the horror movies. We don't like horror movies here. We watch a lot of Discovery, History, and National Geographic channels, and sci-fi.

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Wow! You watch a lot of television. I spend way too much time online to be bothered.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Wow that is almost a mirror image of what my momma watched when she had the satellite! My beans canceled it to save green papers and because they are hoping to move. Their bunny ears don't pick up much.

Now for the good news! For being such a great contestant in Royal Kitty Trivia and knowing the bonus question we are sending you a little prize!

~Queen Snickers

Unknown said...

I think you and you Mom watch more educational shows that me and my Mum.

We like murder mystery shows and documentaries the most.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tybalt

You and your Mommie watch some really amazing things together. YOU are one very wise kitty. I snooze while Momma watchs the box that talks, she likes to watch lots of different things on that box. Once she was watching Animal Planet and I heard some kittens she said my head snapped up so fast she thought I was going to hurt myself. I kept wondering where Momma was hiding those kittens...She said she can't watch the Animal Police show from Detroit because of how hard it makes her eyes leakee...she loves it when those stories have happy endings...but too many times they don't and it hurts her too much.

Purrs
Abby

Daisy said...

We loves to watch Animal Planet, too! Some of the shows make my Mommie's eyes leak, but we like when there is a happy ending.

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We like Nova too.

We know a little Japanese. Eldest brother is a huge Digimon fan. He even created a website.

Scylla, Charybdis & Socks

Scout said...

That sounds much nicer than what Daddy forces Mommy to watch... Bad movies with Jean Claude VanDamm and Stephen Segal... Yuk!

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

It looks like we have lots in common, Ty - my mama watches the same programs! Neato!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

those are some brilliant viewing choices - some british comedies are pretty funny . We love romeo and juliet too especially the claire danes version.

xx

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

I like cartoons the best usually, but sometimes different movies appeal to me for different reasons. Like the soundtracks instead of the visuals. But I REALLY like cartoons.

Lux said...

Wow, you watch a *lot of stuff! The television's hardly on around here.

Mr. Hendrix said...

puttin on the ritz! ha ha ha that is a great movie! we too love Mel Brooks. Spaceballs is another that makes mommy laugh out loud.
My mommy and I watch old spooky movies too. she doesn't like the new stuff tho, to gory, and not funny gory like "Jason" movies, gross gory.
We love House of Wax with Vincent Price (we've never seen the new one) and any vampire movies. She's always loved those and has all the Buffy series DVDs.

Mr. Hendrix said...

PS I think it is OK for the VET not to be afraid of you, you probably get more pets there than I do

The Crew said...

We watch Animal Planet too. And our Mom loves Family Guy, but Dad thinks it's stupid!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

You sure watch a lot of shows with your mom! I don't watch much, but would rather get mom's attention towards me and my toys!
--JB

The Furry Kids said...

We love Breed All About It! TV time is always a good time to cuddle.

Love,
Tazo

LZ said...

We watch Family Guy every night while the humans eat dinner. Meowmy was watching the ballroom dancing thing at the gym last night while she was walking in place. She said it was VERY interesting and fun and made her wish she could move like that.

Latte

Tommy and Teaghan said...

All those fings to watch sounds like fun speshully Are You Being Served. Da beans love British Comedy. Only one problem. Major problem. Dey got rid of cable. We will haf to look into dis.

PB 'n J said...

We love Breed All About it too - but all the other shows on Animal Planet make Mommy cry, so we skip them!

We watch a lot of TCM or AMC with mommy, but it's history channel or Sci-Fi when we watch with daddy!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

You watch lots of TV. Eric duzn't watch much, he'd rather sleep. I like Snooker the bestest of all and I go round the back of the TV to see where the balls are going.
Flynn

Mickey's Musings said...

Those are some interesting shows you watch with your Mom.My Mom sometimes watches some of them too
She watches HGTV a lot. I guess she hopes decorating will rub off on her,heeheehee
Purrs Mickey

Parker said...

You and your mommy have very good taste!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

We LOVE the lemon dragging movie too, it is our favorite MM movie!
I hope you can find the nice book mousehole cat..it is really worth looking for. The Mousehole Cat is very hard to find in book form or any form for that matter. I looked for over a year and finally last night was able to win both a book and a VHS on eBay I am so charged up and can hardly wait for them to arrive! I will give a tea party when they do and show the movie somehow if I can. Maybe I can record it in three segments and show it a bit each day. I have to ponder this some more:)

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt, my and Mom's favorite Movie is Young Frankenstein, too! Sorry so late, Mom had to take her car to be fixed and then Gma Rosie fainted and she spent the rest of the day at the Emergency place! All she had was a UTI, thank heavens! Do you like our picture? You can put a copy on your blog, too! Come on over and play tomorrow!
Purrrrrs and nosekisses,
Samantha

Rascal said...

You get to watch a lot of television. Ours is hardly ever on. Mom and Dad do like "All Creatures Great and Small." Mom checks out the videos and DVDs from the library.

Karen Jo said...

I like to watch most of the same things that you do. I have to watch the PBS programs really late, though, because of my work hours. Too often I fall asleep.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am so glad to learn those programs you enjoy watching with your mommy.
You are awesome~!
I usually sleep next to Michico while she is watching TV.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I see's that you love Mel Brooks movies, hes funny. Do you like Monty Python too?

Unknown said...

me love anime too me lik Narutos!! mai mom tell me me is like Ninjya when I run fast and climb up high. Me is kook ninjya cat!! Tybalt u can be Ninjya too!!

MaoMao said...

Your momma watches lots of kool stuff -- my momma loves classic films, good documentaries, spooky moovies and thrillurs, science programs, and she loves shows that involve kitties!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

MaoMao forgot to say -- Mom loves British comedies!

Great list, Tybalt!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Catzee said...

I like to watch the birds.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Wow, we sure dont see alla that stuf on OUR TV. We're gona complain...

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

SS loves animes as well. That's a nice photo of you. Didn't realize you fur is such a silvery grey on the body. Always thought you were a dark grey kitty. Lovely!

Hot(M)BC said...

Pssst to Holly. Kashim left you a note on his blog post today. :)

Anonymous said...

Mom likes PBS and British comedy too. No scairty stuff please.

Forty Paws said...

That's a very interesting list. We LUF Meerkat Manor!!!

Luf, Us

catsynth said...

That's so cute.
We used to watch DVDs together in our previous home, but we're not quite set up for that here yet.

Jimmy Joe said...

I watch a lot of stuff with my momma, too, especially when she's teaching a film class like she is this year. I watch a lot of things with my eyes closed, though.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe