CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Nicknames!

Before I begin today, I would like to announce that my sisters Holly and Ivy have decided to join the search for a Valentine of their very own by submitting their profiles to the Single Kitty Love Café. Hopefully all eligible mancats will be able to view them soon! Here is a little preview.






The terrible tortie twins are looking for a special valentine!





I was tagged for this meme by Panda Bear of the Furry Bambinos. Since today is Thursday, I thought I would make it into a Thursday Thirteen and include the twins!

And here are the rules:

Post a link to the kitty who tagged you (done!), and post the rules on your blog. List your real name, how you got your real name, nicknames you like/tolerate, and nicknames you wish your humans would stop calling you. Tag several kitties, and write a comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Real Name: Tybalt

Why: Because of the character in Shakespeare's play "Romeo and Juliet" who is the 'Prince of Cats.'"

Nicknames:
1) Tibbles (Only mommy can call me that . . . I like it coming from her.)
2) Mommy's pretty boy (What is not to like? It is true.)
3) Sweetie/Sweetheart (I am, what can I say?)
4) Smelly (I do not find this acceptable. I have only been called this twice, when I was having litterbox issues.)
5)Loverboy (I am a very loving mancat.)

Real Name: Ivy

Why: Because I was adopted at Christmas with my sister, so "the Holly and the Ivy" . . . like the carol.

Nicknames:
6)Smelly Cat (It's true! And there is a nice song about me, thanks to Phoebe in 'Friends.' =^_^=)
7)Stinky (Truth!)
8)Trouble (I try! *modest blush*)
9)YOU LITTLE @%@*#$&%@#!!!!!! (Whenever I run into the basement . . . he he he)

Real Name: Holly

Why: Again, because of the Christmas Carol

Nicknames:
10) Six Toes (Grandpapa gave me that one. Very descriptive, but not my favorite.)
11) Velociraptor (Because of the way my claws click on the floor. It makes me sound fierce!)
12) Holl (Mommy shortens my name sometimes. It doesn't bother me . . . too much.)
13) Ms. Thumbs (Because of my extra toe . . . and my prowess with opening doors! Not too shabby)

And of course, both girls share one nickname together: The Terrible Tortie Twins!
Tybalt would like to tag JB, because she is fun and looks quite a bit like him.
Ivy would like to tag Baby Mao, because his talent with poo astounds her.
Holly would like to tag Georgia, her fellow polydactyl tortie!

24 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Smelley? hahahahaha! We are not sure that we even want to know!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We sometimes get called Smelly or Stinky too. We enjoyed learning how each of you acquired your names, as well as some of your nicknames!

Ali & Fiona said...

Those are cute nicknames, Fiona tagged Tybalt for a meme.

Samantha & Mom said...

That's a cool Meme, to find out how you got your names and your nicknames! We always like learning new stuff about out furiends. Did you see my Thankful Thursday Post Tybalt?
Purrrrrs, Samantha

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Those were great stories about your nicknames! I am sure both Holly and Ivy will have a beau by Valentines....

Purrsss
Abby

Sunny's Mommy said...

That's all very interesting about your names.

Ivy, I didn't know the Smelly Cat song was about you :-0 Oh my!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Mostly you guys have great nicknames. I think it is a problem with the humans when they think you Stink!

jenianddean said...

Those are great nicknames!! Sometimes I get called Stinkbutt. I left that one off my list.

-Jasper McKitten-Cat

Leslie said...

Tybalt, you lovely cat, you may have any of our pictures you like! Especially ones you like! :)

We are so pleased that you liked yours. You made our morning!.

Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Oh we likes deze silly namez fur da tortiez!!!! DA Auntie Stinkie realy laffed when she saw dem...bein dat she iz a tortie too!!!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I saw Holly and Ivy on the Love Cafe when I went there to check out Riley (mancat) for my cousin Charlotte. Holly and Ivy are such cute kitties I am sure they will have their valentines soon.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Yes we left Stinky and Miss Farts off our lists. That was only temporary anyway and it wasn't our fault the silly food momma tried out gave us both gas that could clear a room. ~Queen Snickers

PB 'n J said...

Those are all great nicknames! We're sure that the tortie twins will be snapped up on the love cafe right away!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oooooooo you's got the "smelly cat song" nameds for you? How lucky you's are!! Shawdows gets called big feets cuz of being a polydactyl.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Oh I'd like being called velociraptor!

Mr. Hendrix said...

That is great! I love these. I have silly nick names too.
I'm sure Ivy and Holly will have no trouble finding a special Valentine. They are both very pretty kitties, and of course, Bendrix just adores Ivy's spunk. He to hears "you little ^#^*(!" too.

I love hearing how you all got your names.

Wrigley, Cobalt, & Penelope said...

It was great to learn about your names! We think it's funny that we just posted about our names a few days ago when we started blogging and now it's all over!

Thanks for stopping by to introduce yourselves and we look forward to getting to know you.

Milton said...

You all have great nick names!
I get called smelly butt sometimes. Of course then the mombean gets the wipes.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I think Smelley is very interesting~~ Stinky is very normal calling to me as well.
Michico or Pamilla mom often call me stinky-dan~~

MaoMao said...

I loved readin yur meme! And Momma loves yur name, Tybalt!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao.

Anonymous said...

Your memes were so much fun to read! And I am sure your beautiful sisters will have beaux very soon, *smile*.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Tybalt,
thanks for tagging me on nicknames. I don't know if mom will be able to write my reply before she leaves on her cruise tomorrow morning. Yeah, she'll be on a cruise, and I'll be by myself and she won't let me use the computer while she is gone!
So, for now, I will put a link here to my post about nicknames...not sure if you saw it yet....that is how the bambinos came up with this meme.
http://jbssmallworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/why-do-cats-have-so-many-nicknames.html

See you again soon!
--JB

Parker said...

Mommy always wondered if that was why you were named Tybalt! Now we know!
All of you have some cute Nicknames!
Smooches to you on Friday!

Forty Paws said...

Those are great nicknames. And the Terrible Tortie Twins is great!

Luf, Us