CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday - SNOW!

Kitties, last night it SNOWED!


I have NEVER EVER EVER seen SNOW before!




Mommy got home late because people were driving strange since they were scared of the snow. She explained to me that it rarely snows here, so no one is used to driving in it. Mommy didn't mind the long commute home because the snow was so big and fluffy and pretty, and by the time she was halfway home it was already sticking to the ground and making everything white.


When she finally got home, she put her all her work stuff down and picked me up right away to look with her out the back door. I couldn't believe my eyes! There was white stuff everywhere, and more coming out of the sky!


And THEN . . . mommy did something she has never done before. Mommy picked me up and took me outside with her! I have not been outside since I was rescued as a very small kitten! I didn't know what to think. Mommy let me put my paws in the snow and pat it, and she let me close my eyes and sniff the air. It was cold outside, and the falling snow stuck to my furs and made them all wet. It was interesting, but I was ready to go back inside very soon. After she took me back inside, she picked up Holly and did the same with her! Holly was a little more interested in the smells, I think, but she was very happy to go back inside as well.

(Ivy didn't get to go outside. She was being punished for running past mommy and into the dangerous basement again. Mommy did let her put her paws in the snow that was still on her car, though . . . but that was it. Ivy is pouting.)


After Holly and I got our special time outside with the snow, mommy let Loki and Dana back out in it. The doggies enjoyed it more than us, but I think Loki loved it best of all. He rolled in it and played in it and pranced in it and ATE it!



Dana just sniffed the air and danced in the swirling snowflakes.


After mommy brought everyone back inside, it was bedtime. Holly and I had a lot of grooming to do because the snow got our furs messy. I had to spends some extra time on my paws after patting that cold, white stuff with them. Then we all went to sleep right away after all of that excitement. Even Ivy was worn out, and she didn't even get to go outside!

I am so thankful I finally got to see snow! And I am even more thankful that the snow didn't freeze or cause any problems, and everyone was safe and warm.

27 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We got snow too! We were mad though because Mommy kept saying "If this keeps up, I may get to stay home from day hunting tommorow" but no, it started to rain instead of snow and it melted it all she said so she is working today. We hate work - it should be outlawed!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We are glad that you were all safe with the snow. Snow is very cold, so we don't like it. We are very happy that is has been a mild winter in Munich, so we really only had a couple of days of snow, and it melted very quickly.

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Watch out where the doggies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow!

jenianddean said...

We had the tiniest bit of snow last night, but before midnight it turned to rain. So the white stuff is gone. I have actually seen a lot of snow from when I was a kitten. My mom and and dad let me go out in once. Boy were my toesies cold!!

The doggies looked like they really liked the snow.

-Jasper McKitten-cat

Mr. Hendrix said...

We got snow up here too, but that happens here in Ohio. I like it cause the birdies show up so nice against the white. Mommy doesn't let me out in it cause of my FIV but I like watching it fall and then snuggling on my favorite Purdue blanket.

Poor Ivy, Bendrix is very upset she got punished. He thinks kitties are supposed to explore forbidden territory...you know, to make sure they are safe...

The Whiskers & Purrs Gang said...

We gots snow, too!!! We is all excited!!! By the way...what is snow?
Very truly yours,
The Whiskers & Purrs Gang

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time! We were supposed to get a tiny bit a snow last night but momma said it was too far north. It is just cold. Too bad for Empress. Last time is snowed momma put on my harness and let walk in it! ~Queen Snickers

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Wow

LOOK at all dat stuff comin down from the sky....we have nefur seen snow before. It must be something.

Purrs
Abby

Samantha & Mom said...

Snow! Cool! The pictures make it look so fluffy and fun! Need some extra grooming? I'll come help you! It's going to be 78 here today and raining.
Headbutts and nosekisses,
Princess Samantha

Unknown said...

Tybalt, you really had a very exciting evening! I am not thrilled by snow because we get it all the time, although I do like to watch it fall when it is big and fluffy like yours was.

That was very nice of your Mum to take you and Holly out to meet the snow. Maybe Ivy will behave now - I'm sure she wishes she got to go outside too.

Daisy said...

What a fun snow-day adventure you all had!

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Wow, it's shnowing in Georgia! We're amazed! It's shnowing here too, and Mom's not too happy about having to drive in it. We're very glad you had an exciting time out in all that white stuff.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Snow in Georgia? That almost never ever happens....just like here in Texas, it is rare. I hope your toes did not get too cold. Great pictures!
--JB

The Meezers or Billy said...

wow, you gotted snow and we here in upstate NY did not! strange

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We get snow alla time in da winter so we don't get so acited by it anymore but we is glad yoo gots to haf some fun wif it!

Leslie said...

OHMIGOSH!! That is so good!

Lucky you getting to look at it! :)

Gemini and Ichiro said...

We've had snow for several days. Stay warm is all I can say!

Mickey's Musings said...

You saw snow!!! Cool :) It IS cold, but we are lucky ,we have a furnace that shoots out warm air! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,I like it,heehee
Glad you had some fun,even if you had to fix your furs.
Purrs Mickey

Just Ducky said...

Snow to me is old stuff and I don't go outside in it. But glad you got to see it.

Donny and Marie and Casey said...

Oh, I am so glad you got to see snow! We see snow every year so we're used to it, but it makes us remember how special and pretty snow is!

Tybalt, I tagged you for a meme! C'mon over for da details!

~Marie

Samantha & Mom said...

Hi Tybalt, we have an Award for you. Please come by our blog and pick it up. I have a special picture for you, too.
Purrrrrs and nosekisses,
Samantha

MaoMao said...

We gotted snow, too! At least this mornin. It was pretty much all melted off by the afturnoon. Snow is furry pretty, but it's COLD! Mom and Dad track it in on their boots, and when I try to play with it, I say BRRRR!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Jan Price said...

What an adventure. Your mom must be a very nice lady.

jans funny farm

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh, so great that you got to smell an touch the snow!!! We see it a few times each year, so it isn't THAT rare here. Still, we like pawin at it.

It's kinna like kittylitter wif no weight. But funny-feelin...

ZOOLATRY said...

Oh this is snow nice...

Sunny's Mommy said...

I can tell Dana really enjoyed the snow! woo hoo!

The Furry Bambinos said...

We are so glad that you got to see snow! Your Mom was very nice to take you out to experience it.

We have too much snow here now for Mom to take us outside. If she took us outside, the snow is too deep for the kittens to see above it!

Padre, Panda Bear, and Meerkat