CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Thanksgiving Holiday!

Guess what, every kitty? Next week is the Thanksgiving Holiday . . . and my mommy is taking off work to spend the whole week with me! Isn't that great? Well, it is mostly great. My Thursday Thirteen today is going to be about the pros and cons of having mommy home with me all week.

First, though, I wanted to ask everyone's opinion because my mommy and I were wondering about something. Ever since I was a wee little kitten, we've known that I am a handsome lynx point. What we aren't sure of, though, is what actual color I am. We go back and forth all of the time. At first when I was a kitten I was so pale that we all thought I was a blue lynx point. But then as I got older I got darker, and we thought maybe I was becoming a seal point . . . but the rest of my body stayed a lovely warm, pale cream color. Then there are the chocolate points . . . but I am pretty sure I'm not that. The problem is that my face and paws and tail are a lovely dark gray, but if you look at my back there is a lot of darkish brown . . . and some of that same dark brown is on my nose. It is even harder to tell because my color can look different (brown or gray), depending on the light. Does anyone have any ideas? I'll put up some pictures to see if anyone can tell.
This is my face as a baby.

This is my manly back.
And this is my face as a princely mancat.
Thanks to any kitty who can help me out or give a good guess!

Okay . . . now for my Thursday Thirteen!
Here are the thirteen pros and cons of having mommy home with me all next week!
1) Monday (19th) is mommy's birthday, so I can celebrate with her all day. That means I will be getting stinky goodness that I will be forced to share with my sisters, and extra cuddles with mommy and our favorite snuggly Jack Sparrow fleecy blanket on the couch. This is definitely a pro . . . except for the sharing stinky goodness part.
2) Since mommy will be home, she will be lazy, and I probably won't be able to post or visit any of the other kitties at all next week. This is most definitely a con! I will be out of the loop! I won't know any of the latest gossip! I don't think I approve much of this at all. How dare mommy be lazy.
3) Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, so there will be yummy food at grandmamas. We won't be able to go over there with mommy, but I am sure she will bring us back some of that lovely food. I hear there will be ham . . . a pro!
4) With mommy home the doggies will be in . . .and out . . .and in . . . and out. They can never make up their minds where they want to be when mommy is home all day. This means that I will be having to hide from Dana's overt affection for most of the week. A mancat can take only so much affectionate doggie grroming, after all. Doggies are so sloppy with their kisses! This is a con.
5) When mommy is home, she sleeps in. This disrupts my princely schedule. At a certain time every morning, I expect the blinds to be opened so that we kitties can watch the birdies and squirrels outside, and I also expect to be given my morning temptation treats. I will have to make an extra effort to wake her up so that she will remember to keep to my schedule. This is a con.
6) However, mommy sleeping in means more snuggle time in the morning! So, while I will have to get her up to make sure she keeps with the program, I can finish my morning duties and come back to bed for extra snuggling. This is a pro.
7) It is supposed to be very nippy outside all next week. That means cozy snuggles in front of the fireplace. This is a pro.
8) With mommy home, we will be watching a lot more tv and movies, so I will be able to get more ideas for my Friday Movie Reviews. This is helpful to all of us kitties, so this is a pro.
9) When mommy is home, sometimes there are "projects" that are done to the house. This usually means that grandmama and grandpapa come over with loud and noisy tools and lock us up in the bathroom or dining room for hours at a time so that we don't get hurt or escape. This makes all three of us very, very angry. This is probably the worst con of all! Maybe this won't happen. *paws crossed*
10) Mommy will probably go ahead and start decorating the house for Christmas. This is both a pro and a con. It is fun to supervise the decorating and to investigate the tree. However, since we kitties can't seem to leave the tree alone . . . and, I am embarrassed to say, have several times almost killed mommy's poor little artifical tree . . .we aren't allowed to spend much time with it anymore, and each time has to be supervised. This takes all of the fun out of it. Having the tree locked away from us is a con. Helping to decorate and having our stockings hung up on the mantel for Sandy Paws is a pro! I can't wait to see what we get this year.
11) If mommy decides to decorate, she will think that she needs to clean. That means she will get the big, noisy, sucky monster out and torture us all with it. This is a definite con!
12) Mommy may actually COOK! She rarely does this, so it is always exciting. We kitties adore helping her in the kitchen. She tells me this is one of the reasons why she doesn't cook often, but I don't understand why. You would think she would appreciate having those extra paws helping her out. Plus, if she cooks, then the oven will be on and I can sit on the stove and warm my bum! This is a pro!
13) Having mommy home all week means more special mommy time, and this is the biggest pro of all. If I had my way my mommy would never leave me. Do you think that one day we kitties would be able to travel everywhere with our mommies? I've seen how some people carry their blurpy baby things in kanga pouches. I think my mommy should buy one for me. That would be purrrrfect!

24 meows:

Unknown said...

Nice Thursday post, hope you are having a nice day! I just posted my Thursday Thirteen with a few add-ons! Please stop by my blog if you can!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

That's a good list, Tybalt. All I can say, is that I like it when both of my humans are home. Extra mommy time sounds like a good thing. :) So does more snuggle time. :) Canadian Thanksgiving was last month in October, so we won't be doing anything special next week.

To me, you look like a blue lynx point, but I'm not an expert.

Unknown said...

We don't know what ur color is, Tybalt, but you sure are pretty.

We think there are always more pros than cons to having yur bean at home.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Good T13 list!!

I hopes your mommys has a goods bday! Don't forgets to give her lots of treats.

Ham and Turkey? You are so luckys!!

The Crew said...

Tybalt, you were such a cute baby boy. Of course, now you're a handsome Mancat!

We don't know much about Meezer coloring, but it seems like you have some tabby in you with all those stripes.

I think Mom should stay home with us all the time. That way I would always have her warm lap to nap on. I do like the idea of a kitty carrying pouch. Maybe I should ask Santa for one.

George

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

What is the point of having Festival of the Tree if you can't climb it. That sort of defeats the puuuurpose of bringing one into the house!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Our Mommy says your Mommy not being at work is a definite con because she will not be around to entertain our Mommy. Good list though Tybalt and Happy Birthday early to your Mommy!

Gemini said...

Cheysuli says she knows nothing about lynx points. To be a true chocolate, you wouldn't have stripes. With the solids, it's all about paw pad color but she isn't sure about lynx points. Maybe Kaze knows? Or Stella?

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We don't know anything about dem point color things either. We just know yoo is handsome. We haf mommy home alla time now and we still don't get enuff lap and snuggle time. Da rug sucking monster is out EVERY DAY! But, yeah, it's much more better with her home.

The Meezers or Billy said...

we think you is a blue lynx point. we looked up the colors on the himalayan colors website and although we fink you is dark like the seal point, your nose looks more like a blue lynx point. that's just our opinion. you're furry handsome whatever you is!!

Anonymous said...

Aww! You were a furry cute baby mancat! We love your list. We have the same feelings about the pros and cons of Thanksgiving week. We have heard though that there will be sharing of turkey, and we are quite excited by that!

Daisy said...

I think all in all, having mom home is always better than having her away. My Mommie almost never cooks either. I do not know if she will cook on Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

Tybalt, this is a very good list. We had Thanksgiving last month here in Canada and I really enjoyed the turkey Mum brought home from Grandpa's house.

Your kitten picture is so adorable, what a cute itty bitty kitty you were!

LZ said...

As a seal lynx point myself, I would have to say you look like a Blue Lynx point to me. What color are your paw pads? If they are dark you are Blue, if they are lighter you are lilac. Most of your colors are grey which means you're of the blue/lilac variety. All of my furs are brownish. Hope I could help!!

Great T13 too!!

Kaze

Sunny's Mommy said...

I think overall you're going to have a wonderful time next week with Mommy home :-D

Parker said...

Here's what i think - no matter what Point you are, you are handsome! I think having your Mommy home next week would be my idea of heaven. My Mommy is working too hard for my taste!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

tybalt - what is in a name? A stripy cat by any other description would look as beautiful! You are gorgeous! x

Karen Jo said...

I don't know what color lynx point you are, but you are very handsome. I think there are more pros than cons to having Mommy home all week. Be sure to take full advantage of the extra cuddle time.

Monica said...

Hi Tybalt. Thank you for sending your purrs for Phoebe. I hope that you find out some information about your coloring. You have a nice tiger face.

I have added you to the Pablo Fan Club memberlist. You can find the pledge in the sidebar of our blog for your handy reference. Welcome!

Starbuck and Torrey said...

Happy birthday to your mum, in advance~

Mickey's Musings said...

Tybalt, having Mom around all week is a pro!! They always make great plans and accomplish a quarter of them. Enjoy the week with yer Mom and all the snuggles you can get!Purrs

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is a great list, I can tell that you will have a great thanksgiving week~!!!!!

I can't wait to see your turkey picture, that must be yummy~!!

And your baby photo is wonderful~!

Forty Paws said...

That will be wonderful that your Mommy will be home all week. We hope there isn't too much commotion and renovating to where you have to be locked up.

And purrsonally, we think dogs drool, cats rule.

Luf, Us

Anita said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Muhahaha!
It is a shame that in Spain does not celebrate this holiday... snif!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrss.