CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 2, 2007

Friday Movie Review - The Nightmare Before Christmas

Happy Friday, kitties!

I was sitting in my mommy's lap last night, trying to decide what I should talk about today. I was thinking that maybe I should have a tradition each Friday . . . a sort of recurring theme like so many other kitties have. I was never feral and I don't have frootbat ears . . . so I was feeling kind of left out. I talked to my sisters about it, and Ivy pointed out that we watch movies with mommy ALL the time, so maybe I should do a movie review each week. I thought that was a great idea! Sometimes Ivy surprises me. Holly suggested that we watch "The Nightmare Before Christmas" yet again last night, so I will be reviewing this movie for you kitties.
If your mommy is anything like my mommy, then you have all seen this movie before. A lot. Especially between the months of October and December. I feel like I am qualified to review this classic, if only because I've snuggled with mommy while she has watched it so often.


Directed By Henry Selick
Written by Tim Burton
Music by Danny Elfman

There are three major reasons that my mommy loves this movie so much. (I asked.)

1) It was written by Tim Burton, who is her favorite Director.
2) The music was composed by Danny Elfman, and he even does the singing for Jack Skellington!
3) It is an animated movie combining her two favorite holidays: Halloween and Christmas!

I have to admit that this is a great movie. The stop-action animation is incredible, the music is great, and the story is a lot of fun. There is a little bit of everything for everyone in it. I asked around the house to kind of poll us furries on why this movie should be watched by other furries.

Holly: "There are witches flying on brooms across the moon! They even mention it in the song at the very beginning of the movie 'This Is Halloween!' Most of the action takes place in Halloween Town, so you get to see a lot of spooky characters, like vampires and monsters!"





Ivy: "The monsters in the movie aren't really mean. They are actually pretty nice, except for Oogie Boogie. But he isn't too scary either, cuz he sings and dances and makes mommy laugh when he says Sandy Pawz is ugly. Plus there are lots of pumpkins."


Loki: "Jack has a doggie ghost in it named Zero. I think Zero is a lot like me. He loves Jack as much as I love my mommy and follows him everywhere. He even plays fetch! Jack does a lot of fun things in Christmas Town that I like to do whenever it snows here. (Which hardly ever happens.) Jack runs through the snow and hides inside a snowman and even tastes the snow! I love to eat snow."


Dana: "It's pretty! PRETTY! PRETTY! PRETTY! PRETTY!"
(Editor Note: After she calmed down she added some more to her review.)
"There is a lot of romance in it! Sally is in love with Jack, but he doesn't really notice her. By the end of the movie, he realizes he loves her too, and then they hold hands and sing and then they KISS at the very end! I tried to climb up on top of the dog house with Loki to re-enact the scene but he gave me a LOOK and pushed me off!"

My siblings are correct, those are all very good reasons for other furries to watch the movie. I would like to add some more. Oogie Boogie is really just a burlap sack filled with bugs. BUGS! And at the end of the movie when Jack defeats him, all the bugs crawl out. It is fun to try and catch them on the screen when that happens. There is a lot of movement and action on the screen, so our kitty attention is held quite nicely. We don't get bored and leave mommy alone, unlike some other movies we've tried to watch with her. Also, this movie is family friendly. Kittens and Cats alike can watch it together. You don't have to put your paws over your younger furries' eyes and ears during any of it!
My overall rating for this movie is TWO PAWS UP.

If you've never seen this movie, you should get your mommy to rent it for you. I highly recommend it.

26 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Oogey Boogie!! Mommy likes this movie too and watches around this time of year. Very good review guys, we are very impressed!!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wonderful movie review! Thanks for the recommendation. I have never seen this movie before, so I will have to get my humans to watch it for me. Great job!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Our furry own kitty movie reviewer...dat is furry cool. We fink this is a wunderful ider that you have come up with. Thanks for the review.

Purrs
Abby

Gemini said...

Oh is that what you will enter for Karl's contest as a raised paw?!

Daisy said...

Movie reviews on Friday are a great idea! I have never seen this movie before, but I think I will need to rent it now.

Tara said...

What a great idea to do movie reviews! I have never seen this movie, so I'm going to get my humans to get it for me.

Tara

Karen Jo said...

I like your idea of Friday movie reviews. I also like this film very much.

Just Ducky said...

Mummy doesn't like scary movies, even ones that she knows are fake.

Lux said...

It sounds intriguing - even MomBean's not seen it ...

MaoMao said...

Wowie, that's a great moovie review! Me and my beans all love that moovie, too -- it's really kool, and cute, too.

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

The male bean loves loves loves that movie toos!

Milton said...

Wow that is a great review!
I'm gonna get mine mombean to rent it for me soon!
---Beezer

PB 'n J said...

Cool movie review - I'll tell Mom to put itn on the NetFlix list!

The Cat Realm said...

I Dare You!
Yes, It is ME, Anastasia! Karl was thoughtful enough to put the Dare out on the Day of the Dead, so I can come personally! And if you don't accept the challenge, I might just come again and haunt you, Hahahahahahahahaha!
Anastasia
I think you heard about it already but I wanted to dare everybody personally!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, to be a Kitty Movie Reviewer -- or, I should say, a Movie Reviewer Who Happens to Be a Kitty! *giggle* My beans love the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Kimo and Sabi said...

We luvs this movie! It's one of da few DVD's that our beans bought.

Mr. Hendrix said...

great review!! we too love this movie and play it every time mommy puts up (or takes down)my Halloween Village. I think you covered all the movie's wonderful highlights.

Bendrix sayz "hi Ivy!!"

The Furry Kids said...

We have watched that movie like a squillion times. It is our Momma's favorite.

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

SS never rents any movies. I think she doesn't know how to operate the DVD machine thingy that is sitting there under the TV since I haven't ever seen her used it.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

This movie is Michico's favortie Halloween movie. She even could sing every songs in this movie~!! She loves it totally~!!!

Great great introductions~!!!!!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Unbelievably, I've never seen this movie :-0

The Cat Realm said...

Can you believe it - the maid has never seen the movie! After your review she decided to rent it a.s.a.p.! So I will get to see it too - but then - I never was the one watching tv, Anastasia did that... But we think Emil might do it too, he has shown some interest.
Mrs. OZ couldn't care less. We haven't really figured out what she cares for yet...
Karl

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Great idea, a movie review. Our Momma luves this movie to, but our Dad, not so much.

Patches

Mickey's Musings said...

Friday Movie Review.
Has a nice ring to it.
Neat idea.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, we love da idea of a movie review, we neffur trust what dem bean reviewers say cuz dey is not kitties and have some weerd tastes. Hmm, we love dis movie and havent' seen it in a while...it would be a good choice fur after da fambly dinner.

Anita said...

Thanks for your recommendation!