Mommy bought these pawtastic chocolate mints from her "connection" in the neighborhood. He's in middle school now, and for years he's always known he can count on mommy and grandmama to buy something from him whenever school fund raising time comes around. This year mommy bought wrapping paper and these chocolates, because they are just too cute!
So, for this Thursday Thirteen, I am listing reasons why ladybeans can safely love chocolate.
- Chocolate has less caffeine than coffee. (Although mommy often combines them.)
- Chocolate is a great energy source. Just one chocolate chip gives you enough energy to walk 150 feet; 35 give you the energy to walk a mile!
- Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, which causes you to feel the same way you would if you were falling in love. Another reason you want chocolate when you feel sad or depressed; it legitimately makes you feel better!
- The fat in chocolate doesn't raise blood cholesterol.
- Chocolate has been clinically proven to not cause acne.
- Ten Percent of the daily recommended allowance of iron can be found in one ounce of cocoa.
- Chocolate syrup was used to simulate the blood in the Hitchcock thriller "Psycho." (Mommy found that interesting.)
- Chocolate has over 500 flavor components, more than twice the amount found in strawberry or vanilla.
- Chocolate was commonly viewed as an aphrodisiac by the Aztecs, and as such was served as a beverage - and only to men. (Mommy said something about sexist pigs. Do pigs like chocolate?)
- Dark chocolate can help lower your cholesterol level and reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Dental reports say that chocolate does not cause cavities.
- Chocolate has commonly been eaten since 1674, when the first chocolate cake was baked.
- It's yummy! (This fact was given to me by mommy. I wouldn't know.)