Hi Kitties! This Thursday's Thirteen all belongs to me, Ivy! I am going to tell you more about fishie.
Thirteen Things About Fishie
- Mommy got him from Uncle Sean's Swim Team Awards Banquet. He was a centerpiece in a pretty glass bowl. Mommy felt bad for him, even before it turned out he was a door prize and no one else at the table wanted him!
- Fishie was with us for less than 24 hours before he swam over the Rainbow Bridge. Mommy explained to us that he was probably stressed out from his role as centerpiece, but that he had a good short life while he was with us.
- Mommy gave him a respectful "burial at sea." I don't see how she managed that, since we don't live anywhere near the ocean.
- Almost Dad was going to name him something cool and Japanese, but Fishie swam over the bridge before he could think of anything that fit.
- Fishie was a pretty bright orange with black spots. You could say he was a tortie!
- All of us kitties wanted to meet him. Badly.
- Tybalt and Holly still cry and scratch at the bathroom door to see him, even though mommy explained to them that Fishie is no longer with us. I don't seem to care as much, which surprises everyone.
- Mommy told Tybalt that if he is very good, she might get him another fishie.
- Fishie had to live in the bathroom locked away from us because we were figuring out how to get to him to "play" with him.
- Tybalt thought Fishie was his birthday present.
- Fishie would have been the first pet that Almost Dad and Mommy adopted together. (That's why he was going to be the one to name him.)
- Fishie was a great swimmer. He was a lot of fun for us kitties to watch.
- Fishie seemed like he would have been a great friend. I hope we do get another fishie!