CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Movie Review - The Cat From Outer Space


Today in honor of Ramses and Isis and their movie star lineage, I would like to review the movie their ancestor starred in: Walt Disney's "The Cat From Outer Space."








Director: Norman Tokar


Written By : Ted Key


This movie is a riveting sci-fi adventure/comedy . . . and stars a cat! In "The Cat From Outer Space," a UFO is left stranded on Earth, and is taken by the U.S. government. The pilot, a handsome mancat, is left to seek help wherever he can find it. Luckily, he is wearing a special collar that allows him to communicate with humans. The alien mancat, later known as "Jake," soon gets aid from Dr. Frank Wilson (Ken Berry), and his love interest Dr. Liz Bartlett (Sandy Duncan). However, Jake needs Org 12, known on our planet as gold, to get his ship up and running again. And not only that, he needs to be able to sneak into it right under the U.S. military's very nose! Will Jake ever be able to fly his ship home again?






This movie is a classic Disney comedy; funny, family-oriented, and heart-warming. Jake is presented as a super-intelligent and adventurous kitty. My favorite part is when Jake explains to Frank that the reason his kind have taken the form of a cat is that it is the best one. (Which we, of course, already know to be true.) Thankfully, this movie is now available on DVD.





I got so worked up about this movie that I decided to break out my "Tybalt the Space Kitty" persona!

Tybalt the Space Kitty gives "The Cat From Outer Space" two antennae wiggles and a whisker twitch!

16 meows:

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt, you make a very cute Space Kitty! And I love this movie! It is one of my favorites. Have a nice time with your bean and come on over to play in the sunshine if you have time!
Whisker kisses,
Samantha

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

My momma remembers that movie from when she was a little girl. She made her parents rent it over and over and over! She is gonna buy it next time she runs by it on DVD! Great alien persona! ~Queen Snickers

Daisy said...

I have not seen that movie. But since the star is related to Ramses and Isis, I must see it immediately!

PB 'n J said...

We have not seen this movie either - our Mommy says that she saw it when she was a kitten. We'll have to see about getting this!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

LOL! "Two antennae wiggles and a whisker twitch!" It is a good moovee. I need to get Bean to buy the DVD for me.

LZ said...

This was one of Meowmy's favorite movies as a kid bean. Well that and That Darn Cat! And we wonder why she's cat and/or meezer obsessed.

Latte

Unknown said...

Tybalt, I like your space kitty persona, it is very cute!

Stay close to your Mum this weekend and make her feel better!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

My person loved that movie when it came out! Umm...unlike Snickers human, it wasn't on video or DVD--it was in the theater!

Irishcoda said...

Oh yes, I vaguely remember the movie from when I was younger ! :) And I love your new profile pic!

Motor Home Cats said...

This is one of Mom's favorite movies. We think we may have to break out mom's plastic money to get it for her. Great review.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Scout said...

Yippee! I loves your reviews because it means Mommy will take your advice and watch the movie. That way I have a lap to lay in for an hour or two.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Tybalt,
Can I be a space kitty too? You look great!
--JB

Karen Jo said...

I have often heard of this movie, but I have never seen it. I really must find a copy to watch soon.

Icon Baxter Bentley said...

heheh! Cats from Outer Space! very good choice, Ty.

I have good news! I have a new fur-sister! Stop by!

Christine and FAZ said...

Wow great review, I definitely want to see that film. I do love you with antennae as well. FAZ

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hey, this is great, Tybalt! I haven't seen this movie and will definitely make a point to do so. You look cute as a space kitty. You know the other space kitties in the CB? They are Donny, Jimmy Joe, Sassy and me!

Please come by my blog on St Pat's day. I will be reporting on an adventure. I saw your green hat and thought you must also be celebrating the day.