CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Last but not least . . .

It's DANA!!!!!!!

But before I introduce you to Dana, I would like to thank my new purrfectly wonderful friends at Zoolatry for making such lovely pictures of me! I couldn't wait to share them with all of you.



This one is of me and my sisters . . . Holly and Ivy . . . (sort of.) Maggy and Zoey are right; sometimes I DO wish my sisters were just their namesakes and not two naughty kitties competing with me for my mommy's affection! I think this one would make a GREAT holiday card, don't you? =^_^=

This one made my mommy laugh. I have a "straw fetish" or "addiction." Mommy calls straws "Tybalt's crack." Whenever I see a straw my eyes get big and black and I almost quiver in anticipation. I especially like straws that smell like my mommy. It isn't fun to just have one handed to me, though. Straws are much more fun when you have to steal them. Mommy finds my straws hidden all over the house, sometimes even in her bed! Hey, mommy, I'm just being sweet and sharing them with you!


But, enough about me and my wonderful self. Today is Dana's day on my blog! I have to say, of my two doggie siblings, Dana is the one that I spend the most time with. I used to hate her when I was a small kitten, because she wanted to love me so much, and she was bigger than I was and so very exuberant! I would hiss and run away. I soon got used to her, though, and now I will play with her and let her kiss me. I even share my toys with her! Dana feels about kitty toys the way I feel about straws. She would rather play with our toys than her own doggie toys any day.


Here is Dana.
Dana is so very active that mommy has a hard time taking her picture. Mommy has to chase her with the camera and hope for the best. Dana is a pure-bred miniature Australian Shepherd. She is our "special needs" child. Dana is the product of "merle to merle" breeding, which is a very bad breeding practice. Dana was born deaf. Mommy saw her on a special deaf dog rescue site and adopted her to be Loki's special patrol buddy. Mommy was a little nervous about adopting a deaf doggie, but Dana fit in perfectly and is actually a very sweet and good girl! We kitties know that Dana is special, so we pay extra attention to her to make sure she is ok. Mommy has to crate Dana and Loki up at night because we pay so much attention to Dana that we won't let her sleep. Ivy is the worst one of us about that. Ivy loves to crawl in Dana's crate with her and snuggle. She rubs up against Dana a lot and loves for Dana to give her kisses. Here is a picture of Ivy checking up on Dana to see how she is doing.


Dana is a true character. Since she is an Aussie, she doesn't have a tail, but that doesn't stop her from trying to wag it! She gets called "wiggle butt" and "Miss Priss" a lot because of that. She also loves to wiggle up to you with a toy in her mouth (usually mine!) Dana growls a lot. That is her way of saying "Hello!" and "Look at me!" She's also great at barking. When she's out patrolling with Loki, she barks loudly to let everyone know that she has seen a squirrel or chipmunk or a racoon . . . you get the idea. Dana has great eyesight. I think she can see stuff the rest of us can't!


I hope you all enjoyed meeting Dana. That is it for my introductions! Now you have met all of us furry children.


Mommy just told me last night that she has to go to something called a "Conference" in Savannah over the weekend, so I may be too busy keeping everything in order for her to blog much the next few days. Grandmama will be coming over to check on us and give us snuggles, so that will be fun, but I will be very glad when my mommy comes back home. I don't like it when she leaves.

23 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Dana looks like a very pretty and sweet girl. Mommy says you should use the picture Maggy and Zoey made you for Christmas cards this year. BTW, Captain Jack loves straws too. He steals them out of Mommy's drinks all the time!

LZ said...

Dana sounds like a very very nice woofie friend! I like her furs, she is very pretty. Straws...hmm....I like trash and q-tips so maybe I've just never tried a straw?

Kaze

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Those are great graphics of you, Tybalt. I don't have a straw fetish, but the one who came before me, a Siamese named Whiskers, LOVED playing with straws. He would get excited like you and steal them out of cans and glasses!

Rascal said...

What great Cat pictures. And hello to Dana. So nice to hear you get along with a woofy. I'm not so sure I would.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Dana sounds like a very sweet woofie. I think it is so kind that all of you look after her so well and help take care of her.

You guys are the greatest!

Purrs
Abby

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Zippy wants to come over and kiss yoor sisfur Dana. She just loves dogs, she likes dogs better den other kitties. She has been nice to me today and we played wif Mr. Piggy together. Yoo guys make a wunnerful fambly. To bad yoor mom hasta go away. We hate that.~Speedy

Mr. Hendrix said...

what a sweet girl. how nice you all get along. i'd be happy to telyport over if you want some extra kitty company this weekend. my mommy is working tomorrow and daddy is "cleaning the garage" so I'll be bored. i'll bring my blue fuzzy toy to share!

Daisy said...

I love the colors of Dana's beautiful coat. And she is very smart to know that cat toys are better than dog toys.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

I think Dana looks wonderful. What is merle to merle breeding? Is it like inbreeding?

I like how you pay her so much attention she can't get to sleep. That is something i do as well.

Tybalt said...

Yao-Lin, merle to merle breeding is when irresponsible people breed two merles togehter. "Merle" is what they call the lovely marbled patches on some doggies . . . Dana is a "blue merle" because her spots of color are light grey and dark grey. You can see that a lot of Dana's fur is white. That is what can happen when two merles are bred together. Breeders know now that a lot of puppies in litters with two merle parents are deaf because there is something about having the white fur in their ears that points to deafness - just like blue-eyed white kitties!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Those are very nice graphics of you :-)

Jimmy Joe said...

Dana sounds like a great doggie sister. And your fancy pictures from Zoolatry are perfect for you, Tybalt!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Mickey's Musings said...

I liked learning about Dana.I also think it is strange and cute that Ivy loves him so much.He must be a nice dog.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is very great pictures of you~!!!

And I am starting to like Dana as well~!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Dana looks like a very lovelys woofie. It's goods that you all help hers.

MaoMao said...

Dana sounds great! And hey, you and me could talk about straws all day -- I love sip and stir straws that Momma and Daddy use in their coffee -- they call 'em coffee stirrurs and I love to pluck 'em outta their mugs and get 'em in my mouth and race all ofur the housie with 'em!

That's kool yur Momma likes the name King Leonidas -- Momma's called Brainball that several times today!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

Dana sounds like a wonderful doggie sister, and the picture from Zoolatry is gorgeous!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

Karen Jo said...

I think that the first graphic from Zoolatry would make a great Christmas card. I love the one of you with the straws. Thanks for explaining about merle to merle breeding. I had never heard of it before. Dana looks like a sweet dog. I am very glad that all of you take such good care of her.

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Tybalt, we are very pleased to meet you and your wonderful family. We don't like dogs ourselves, but Mom loves animals in general and says we might have liked dogs had we grown up with them.

~J&B

P.S. Thanks for the encouragement about my Halloween costume.

~Jake

The Cat Realm said...

You have some really nice and wonderful fluff companions!!! I think that straw fetish is very funny....

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Greetings, YRHPT. Great pictures of you. Love them! Maggy and Zoey and their mom are just so artistic and do such wonderful portraits for us kitties. Your mom must be busy with so many of you wonderful doggies amd kitties about.

MoMo

Mr. Hendrix said...

Wow! That was so fun playing with all of you. Even Bendrix is tired (you made him blush Ivy, I didn't think he could do that! my girlfriend Brandi makes me blush all the time). Thanks for letting us come over. I'm glad Bendrix behaved, sort of, sorry about that snag on your rug....
We'll do this at our house next time! I'd better tely-port home cause it is getting late and mommy is ready for bed.

Leslie said...

Hi Tybalt, I'm Tigger. I used to be on topcatrules but I have just branched out on my own today.
Straws are my very favorite things, next to single blades of grass being fed to me one at a time.
http://tiggerthefbicat.blogspot.com