CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home is Where the Heart Is

Thanks to every kitty who came by to visit and who shared words of comfort with me in my time of mommy-less distress! You are all too wonderful, and I am grateful to have you as friends. =^_^=

Mommy came home yesterday, just like she promised. At first, I pouted. I refused to purr at her and I put my ears back when she picked me up to give me a hello snuggle. I did not want her to think she can just waltz out on us anytime she likes without repercussions! I couldn't keep it up for too long, though. When it was time for bed, I was purring and snuggling against her the same as always, although my purrs may have been extra loud.

Mommy took some pictures of Savannah while she was gone, and I hope to have them up to show all of you tomorrow. Mommy says she saw a lot of dogs walking around, and even shopping in stores, but no kitties! NO KITTIES?! I do not think I like Savannah much if they don't let kitties sight-see and shop. I am surprised mommy had fun at all.

Just because I didn't want my mommy to leave doesn't mean I wasn't helpful. A prince has to overcome his own personal feelings and do his duties, no matter how distasteful or painful they may be. I supervised mommy's packing, and even helped her. Holly and Ivy decided to join in as well.

I even asked her if she was sure she didn't want to take me along, and double checked her list to make sure that she had everything.


Can I come too? Is this all you need?



If you are a very sharp-eyed kitty, you can see where I packed an extra special item in mommy's suitcase. I can't believe she almost forgot it herself!


No one should ever be without a straw! It is even red, her favorite color. I am nothing if not a thoughtful prince. Purrrr.

21 meows:

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

You are a good prince kitty Tybalt, helping your Mommy pack. How nice of you to include a straw for her. Captain Jack loves straws too and steals them from Mommy all of the time. We are glad your Mommy is back because our Mommy gets bored at work without your Mommy around to chat with!

LZ said...

I always make sure to pack myself. Its important to pack a little bit of home with them so they remember the punishment they will enjoy when they return. And then the purrs.

Chase

The Meezers or Billy said...

great job packing Tybalt!!!

Gemini said...

You did a fine job of packing Tybalt. Cheysuli said you have excellent taste in detectives and she is also certain that Sherlock Holmes is jealous of her beauty!

Daisy said...

It is very hard to keep up the cold shoulder for very long. I think it was very nice of you to remember to pack a straw for your mom. You never know when you will have a straw emergency.

Sunny's Mommy said...

That was so thoughtful for all of you to help Mommy pack. And you made sure she didn't forget her straw, that's very important!

HRH Yao-Lin said...

oh you are a thoughtful prince indeed!! how wonderful that you show mercy on your human slave. I am not capable of such altruism.

I salute you xx

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

It's hard to punish dem when dey come back, we can hold out fur about 2 seconds den we just gotta get some mommy loving...glad yoor mom's home. It was nice of yoo to make sure she had a straw wif her, yoo neffur know if dey will haf any where da beans is going.

The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oh whats a good kitty Tybalt you were's to pack your mommy a present. I was very upsets when my mommys went away for a few days earlier this year. It was scary without hers here. I am glads you all were safe while she was aways.

Gaius said...

You are a very good Prince of Cats Tybalt! I love the red straw touch... that says it all :) Can two ManCats tell each other they are sweethearts? Well to heck with it... you're a sweetheart!

The Crew said...

Good thinking, Tybalt. You never know when a red straw will come in handy!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Hi YRHPT,
So glad your mommy is back. I did the same when SS returned from her numerous digs over the years but it was difficult to keep up the aloofness and the cold shoulder for long. Separation is very hard on us kitties. That straw was a nice touch to remind her of you when she was away, not that she would need reminding. All the same it was good of you all to be helping with the packing!
MoMo

Mickey's Musings said...

Tybalt,even though you did not want yer Mom to go,it was very good of you to put a straw in her bags.I bet she missed you when she saw it!!!
It's hard to stay mad when they come home ;)

Karen Jo said...

You were very helpful to your Mom when she was packing. It was very thoughtful of you to pack her a straw. I'm glad you didn't stay mad at your Mom for too long when she came back.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Great job helping. What would your mom do if she did not have that special straw?!!!

MaoMao said...

You are furry furry thoughtful! And me and you have a whole lot in common with the straws. They are so fun to play with. I'm always stealin' coffee stirrurs, which are little bitty straws, from Momma and Daddy's mugs. You did a great job snoopervising yur Momma's packing!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Dose travel packs always has lots of fings in dem dat need checking ofur. Plus we always need to put in some furry reminders of us just for good luck and so dey will know to come back home.

Anonymous said...

You are indeed very thoughtful, and you are an excellent Kitty Snoopervisor! I love the pictures of all of you helping out your Mommy.

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Lux said...

That was wonderful of you to remember to put the straw in for your mom - I'm glad she's home!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

You are very tenderness~! Tybalt, I am so happy for your mommy has such a touching cat like you~!!

Let me give you a big hug,
Adan

Anita said...

Hi Tybalt!

You´re the Prince of Cats and I´m the Queen of Feline World Domination, muhahahahahahahaa!

We do a good couple... muhahahaha! My terrifying laugh is due to the fact that I want we cats dominate the world.

Nice to meet you, I never read you, I hope do it forever. You are very handsome.

PurrrrrrrRRrrRRRrrrayers from Spain.

Muhahahahahaha!