CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Movie Review - The Pink Panther

Well kitties, we still have a few Reader's Requests that we haven't gotten to yet, but mommy needs to add them to her Netflix so that I can watch them and give you the proper critique. This means that while I wait, I am opening back up the request line for anyfurry who would like me to review a film for them. I plan on starting back up the Reader's Requests by October at the latest.



In the meantime, mommy and I have been watching a lot of BBC America lately, and this past Monday they had a "Pink Panther" marathon. I was understandably excited about seeing a fellow kitty so honored.



The Pink Panther (1963)
Directed By: Blake Edwards
Written By: Maurice Richlin and Blake Edwards

Kitties, this film isn't what I expected. With a title like "The Pink Panther," a mancat would expect to see a lot of, well, a pink panther. Sort of like this:



But guess what the pink panther really is! It is this:


Yep! A pink diamond.

When you get over that disappointment, the film is actually very good. It is funny in that combination of clever writing and slapstick humor that the 60s comedies are known for. Peter Sellers plays the french detective, Inspector Jacques Clouseau. He is a very clutzy manbean who tries very hard to make it look like every mistake he makes is deliberate. (Inspector Clouseau is where a lot of the slapstick humor comes in.) The Inspector is trying to track down and discover the secret identity of the infamous Phantom, a notorious and mysterious jewel thief whose only trace left behind at the crime scenes is a single monogrammed glove.


Inspector Clouseau's lovely wife is, unknown to him, not only the lover but also the accomplice of the notorious Phantom! And the handsome and debonaire Sir Charles Lytton (David Niven), who has the room next to them at the ski resort, is not just a wealthy playboy after the stunning Princess Dala, he is the Phantom! And he is most definitely scheming to get his hands on the Princess' most famous and valuable jewel, the Pink Panther.


Things get even more complicated and tricky once Sir Charles' nephew George arrives on the scene. Not only does he discover his uncle's secret, he also attempts to seduce Inspector Clouseau's wife away from Sir Charles! Oh, what a tangled web! And it is all good fun. (Mommy wanted me to point out that the nephew is a very young and very "hot" Robert Wagner.)

I give "The Pink Panther" two paws up and a trill, even though it could have used more kitty action.

21 meows:

Gizmo said...

I just wanted to stop by and invite you to my party Friday-Saturday!!!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Dear~
I haven't seen this one before~!
Must ask Michico rent it for me!

Motor Home Cats said...

Mom says she hasn't seen that one in years. Your review makes her want to go out and rent it, especially because she still thinks Robert Wagner is hot???

Tiki, Tavi, Cody, Camie and Miss Jade

Hi Holly and Ivy,

I had a great time with you yesterday.

Cody

Karen Jo said...

I am very fond of this film. I enjoy the music in it very much. I also haven't watched it in a long time. I think I'll have to get it out and watch it again.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

The wee lad here is all obsessed with spies so the PM is planning on showing him that movie this weekend.

Her sister has a box set. Very funny!

Purrs Goldie

btw~ Congrats on your blogoversary!!!

Unknown said...

heh! The mom has the music stuck in her head now!

Ailurophile said...

Tybalt you are the best ~ we've seen all the Pink Panther movies ~ they are pawesome..and so is this review!

ZOOLATRY said...

Good choice! Great movie and great music... but of course it would be since it features a great cat!

Lux said...

That movie sounds like fun!

P.S. I think I have a crush on your mommy, too. :)

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

:::clappin paws::::

OH furry good review

we give it 5 paws up!

Purrssss
Abby

PB 'n J said...

Great review Tybalt - it was on just the other day and Mommy and Daddy sat down to watch it!

Daisy said...

That movie sounds good, but I think I would rather watch Pink Panther cartoons!

Anonymous said...

Mom saw that movie many, many, many years ago. We agree, not enough cat!

Parker said...

One of Mommy's favorite movies!

Mickey's Musings said...

I agree with kitty action!!!
Mom loves the Pink Panther movies!!!!!!!!!!! Robert Wagner IS young there!!!! :0
Great review :)
Purrs Mickey

Sweet Purrfections said...

I think my mom remembered the Pink Panther funnies that were on TV on Saturdays. You saw the pink panther more often then.

Thanks for the review.

P.S. Mom will be in Atlanta this week and is looking forward to meeting your mom.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I'm very disappointed that the part of the kitty is portrayed by a diamond.

(angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

I'm very disappointed that the part of the kitty is portrayed by a diamond.

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

Another one my mom loves! Great review as always, cuz!
--JB

Samantha & Mom said...

Hehehehehehehe! Mom loves The Pink Panther! And We loved your review! And Mom agrrees Robert Wagner was "hot"!
Your FL furiends,

Samantha & Mom said...

PS: Check me out as a cute baby kitten on our Sunday Post!
Nosekisses,
Sammie-Pie