CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday Review - Classic Christmas Specials


When I was watching the television with mommy last night, I noticed this advertised . . . The 25 Days of Christmas on the ABC Family Channel! I was very excited to see that tomorrow (Saturday 12/8) starting at 7 AM they are having a marathon of Christmas classics! Here is what will be on.

Rudolph and Frosty
Life of Santa Claus
Nestor the Christmas Donkey
Pinnochio's Christmas
Jack Frost
Frosty's Wonderland
'Twas the Night Before Christmas
Rudolph's Shiny New Year
Year Without a Santa
Santa Clause is Coming to Town
The Polar Express
The Santa Clause 2
Prancer


Now, kitties, doesn't that sound like the perfect thing to watch, all snuggled on a blanket in front of a nice fire? Maybe with some hot tea and a candy cane or two? With the lights off and the Christmas tree all alight?


Nestor




I am now developing ways of keeping my mommy home all day tomorrow so that I can enact this plan. I overheard her telling grandmama that she needed to be busy tomorrow finishing up her shopping, wrapping presents, and getting the sucky monster out to clean.



I don't think so, mommy.


With my sisters' help, I plan on having mommy snuggled on that couch with me ALL DAY LONG tomorrow. If any of you have an idea on how we can get mommy to stay home with us tomorrow, let me know. Holly and Ivy and I all have our thinking caps on for this problem.


Anyway, this won't be my traditional Friday Review, since I have to say that anything Christmasy generally gets two paws up from me . . . especially the classic programming, like the Rankin/Bass productions of "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Nestor the Christmas Donkey." I know my mommy has watched them every year since she was a little girl, and she has watched them with me since I was a kitten.



Rudolph

I recommend that everykitty watch as much classic holiday programming as possible this season. If you can't tune into ABC Family, then pop in a DVD or VHS (for those old-schoolers) or hunt through your tv guide for something festive to watch! Now is the season to snuggle up with your parents and siblings and get into the Holiday Spirit!



Tybalt, Reviewer Extraordinaire



PS: I received my card last night from Eric and Flynn . . . it is GORGEOUS! And super exciting to get a holiday card all the way from the UK!

23 meows:

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tybalt

Momma says I can help her do our cards this weekend. I am so happy!!! Weee lots of chrissmousey stuff to do.

Purrs
Abby and Boo

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hmm, yoo pretend one of yoo is sick...our mom won't leave da house if we'z sick. Da one dat came before, Punkin, she was really good at this. She could fake sneeze and make coffing sounds even if she wasn't sick! She'd be "sick" for an hour and den be fine and run around like crazy.

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We love Heat Miser - he's redheaded like Mommy and Dante and sings a fun song. We wanna watch all day too. Hmmm, think we could all play sick?!

Daisy said...

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is my very favorite!

The Furry Kids said...

Momma likes Rudolph, but she hates how the other reindeer are mean to him - she always has to skip the first part because she gets leaky eyes. hee hee

Happy Friday!

Love,
Tazo

Leslie said...

Our Australian television has nothing like that on it.

So our mom hired five DVDs yesrterday to watch on the weekend while working on my blog.
One is about Christmas - it is the Mytrhbusters Christmas DVD, the other four are Monk - mom has never seeen those before and they are funny.

Sassy Kat said...

What a beautiful Xmas photo of ya! Are ya goin to use that for your Xmas cards?? I sure like your reviews and glad that you are on board to be a reviewer for our shows.
I do have an idea on how to keep mommie home tomorrow. When ya get up in the morning act like ya kind of don't feel good, maybe a little ill. Now this is where it gets tricky because if ya act too ill she will shove ya in a box, put ya in a moving car, and take ya to the animal doctor where he can do all kinds of rude things to ya. So play it safe and be careful.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Rudolph!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

Congrats on getting the Christmas card! It is so exciting to get mail!

Rascal said...

I wish we got the Family channel. As it is, we're DVD poppers.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, looks like a great line up of Christmas shows! Too bad we don't get that channel here in Munich.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am writing your card, too~!!!!
I am so exciting~!!!!

Catzee said...

Hey! How come there's no Kitty Christmas movies!!!! No fair!

MaoMao said...

My momma watched Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer efurry year when she was a little gurl! Them holliday classicks are just superduper!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Yep purrtending to be sick yooshully makes mum stay wiv us, or else yoo could try hiding until it's too late furr her to go out. Mum won't go out if she duzn't know where we are.
We hope yoo don't mind us saying, but we had trubble reading the green writing on the bloo background furr the TV shows.It's cuz mum's gitting aynshunt and her eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.
Glad yoo got yer card.

Anonymous said...

The classic Christmas specials are so much fun! I hope you and your family have a great time watching them. *smile*

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Rudolph is a cutie. If you get any good hints to keep your mommy home, let me know! You are lucky to have her around at all. My SS is abandoning me for a whole week!

Sassy Kat said...

Hey tried to e mail ya but it bounced back to me???? Because ya are a reviewer for CCSI I am having a party read on for the information:
Sassy C. Little, Executive Producer of Little Productions invites you to join in the celebration of the near completion of CCSI II: The Santa Caper

Who: Cast & Crew
What: Party
Where: Hearst Castle at San Simian, CA on Tuesday, December 11 at 6:00 pm est

My private pilots will be available for you to transport you to California on Tuesday and upon arrival at the nearest airport to San Simian you will then be taken to the Hearst Castle by a private helicopter.

The party will start at 6:00 pm est and go until the last one leaves. Again my personal pilots will take you back home when you want to leave. Please keep in mind when partying that the next day you will be needed on the set for more rehersals.

No need to RSVP me or call the pilots, just arrive at the airport anytime and wisk you away to California. All you have to do is show up at Sassy's and everything will be waiting.

You have all gone beyond my wildest dreams in doing all you can to make this show beyond what I thought it could be. I want to thank all of you and for this reason I am having this celebration in your honor. Hope to see you all there.

Most Sincerely,
Sassy

Mickey's Musings said...

I agree,now is a good time for snuggles.I like Rudolph too :)

Purrs

The Misadventures Of Me said...

I snuggleds with Mommy and the littlest bean girl last night watchings the polar express. It was greats to do that with thems.

Hot(M)BC said...

We're workin on gettin Mom to do our cards. At the rate she's doing we're gonna hafta do ecards since I don't think our allowance is enough to send them all express mail. Oh well. You do a great job reviewing. We'll be watching Chrissymouse stuff for sure!
Purrrrrrrrs,
your bud Pepi

Jimmy Joe said...

I hope you had a good snuggly day yesterday, Tybalt!
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Parker said...

Rudolph! We love Rudolph!