CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Movie Review - CCSI and Santa Claus




Kitties, the day we have all anxiously awaited has arrived! Today, Part I of CCSI: The Santa Caper has aired!

I am pleased to announce that, as expected, the CCSI staff has come up with yet another great show. Where is Santa? It is any elf's or reindeer's guess as the search is on for the missing Santa Claus! This four part episode is sure to provide speculation by the water and food bowls for days. After experiencing the cliff hanger ending of today's installment, I can hardly wait to see Part II!

Thank you to Sassy Cat and her Little Productions for another great show! Two paws up and a purr!

If watching CCSI puts you in the holiday spirit, and you just can't get enough of Santa, I do have a viewing recommendation for you. This is my mommy's very favorite movie about Santa Claus.






Santa Claus: The Movie (1985)

Director: Jeannot Szwarc

Writers: David Newman, Leslie Newman, and David Newman

This movie is great, kitties! It explains how Santa Claus became Santa Claus. My mommy watched this when she was a little girl, and to this day she still believes that this story is true! This is how Santa Claus came to be! I have to admit, the movie makes it very convincing. I think I may just agree with my mommy.

The movie begins with showing Santa before he became Santa (or Sandy Paws, or Sandy Claws, or Santa Claws . . . he goes by many names!) When he becomes lost in a snow storm with his wife and reindeer, trying to deliver toys to the children of the village, my mommy still gets all teary eyed. And when the elves find him and save him, and then explain how he is the answer to their prophecy, well kitties, my mommy's eyes leak and leak and leak! I've seen it happen! And she's watched this movie too many times to count, or so she has told me.

After you see Santa become Santa, then you see how the belief in him changes through the years, as well as how he and his workshop operate. By the time we make it to the 80s (when this film was released), significant changes have been made, yet Santa and the North Pole are still fundamentally the same. The second half of the movie takes place in modern times, with a rebellious and forward-thinking elf named Patch who leaves the North Pole and attempts to make a fresh start in New York City in order to impress Santa, two children from very different backgrounds who both despeerately need Santa and his magic in their lives, and one horrible and greedy corporate executive. If you don't feel the christmas spirit by the end of this movie, then you never will.


I give "Santa Claus: The Movie" two paws up. I do warn you that parts may make your eyes leak, but in a good way.

26 meows:

Jan Price said...

Great reviews, Tybalt!

We are excited about our Percy's debut in the CCSI mystery. He wouldn't give us any clues, so we are looking forward to Part II.

Everyone did a terrific job.

Jan's Funny Farm

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

We watched that movie with Mommy just the other day. Its her absolute favorite!!

ZOOLATRY said...

Thank heaven for the writers strike or we'd never have had Little Productions and CCSI and all this fantastic fun!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

OOO we needs to watch furr this on TV...if we can stay up dat late to watch.

We fall asleep in Momma's lap.

Purrs
Abby and Boo

Monty Q. Kat said...

MomBean has always liked: 'Scrooged', but she isn't gonna watchi it this year, there's a kinda scary part in in and she doens't want to scare the kidBeans.

PB 'n J said...

Great reviews - we've already enjoyed CCSI and Mommy said she'd look for the other movie - sounds good!

Sassy Kat said...

Thanks for the great review, I am so much more relived that a reviewer has given up many paws up, thanks.

LZ said...

Wonderful review! You are a very talented reviewer-cat.

Chase

Zelda Janice said...

Wow, I just love a mystery, dahling, and you re so mysterious. I'll be waiting, working, trying to solve it. You're a star.

xoxo,
Zelda

Leslie said...

Hey Tybalt! Hi from Australia! We love the pic at the top of this post - very festive, very cute. :)

Cat Naps in Italy said...

Two paws up! WONDERFUL! And you haven't even seen part 2,3 or 4. If you liked part one, just wait. The rest are sure to be even better!

Any idea of what happened to Santa? We know, but our lips are sealed (cats do have lips, don't we?).

Thanks for the great review!
Love,
Opus and Roscoe
graphic design team CCSI

The Cat Realm said...

I am so glad you liked the first part of the new CCSI episode!!! And I will have to tell the maid to rent Santa Claus, the movie! It sounds like a REALLY good one!
See you again tomorrow, at part 2!
Karl

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, we saw da new episode and are on da edge of out catbeds...and thanks for reminding mom about dis movie. She has it in her collection and forgot about it!

Samantha & Mom said...

Oh Tybalt! You did a wonderful review! You caught the very essence of Part 1! And yes, I noticed how close you stood next to me at the premiere! You are a very handsome Mancat! (blushing)Sam
Your FL furiends,

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thank you for the great reviews! :) I am really looking forward to the next part of CCSI. :)

Karen said...

The review was good. The CCSI is so good. I can not wait till part 2.

Sunny's Mommy said...

CCSI is very good!

Christine and FAZ said...

I am going to see if it's on the TV this Christmas and get my humans to let me watch it. FAZ

Jimmy Joe said...

Hey, that's great of you to share some holiday movies with reviews, Tybalt! I think my momma should watch movies like that instead--she's always watching loud movies with lots of bangs and bad words.
Your buddy, Jimmy Joe

Karl and Ruis said...

How do you like the second part???
We are watching it over and over again at Sassy's, hahahahahahahaha

MaoMao said...

You do such superduper movie reviews, Tybalt! And we Ballicai are lovin the CCSI story -- it's so ecksiting and so much funsies!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Anonymous said...

You are an excellent movie reviewer, Tybalt! And oh, isn't The Santa Caper delightful -- I can't wait to see how things unfold!

Purrs and snuggles from Marilyn.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

I am so happy to see CCSI as well~!!!

Parker said...

Excellent review!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Great review, Ty! Look forward to the final one when then second series wraps up. Come over to my blog, I have a little present for my kitty friends for Christmas; hope you like it.

Mr. Hendrix said...

What great reviews! I agree, the CCSI will be talked about for months even after all the episodes are complete!

I will have to watch the Santa Claus movie. Mommy's favorite movies are National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and the Muppet Christmas Carol