CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Mancat Monday - Party and Remembrance

Hello kitties! My first order of business today is a sad one. As I am sure most of you have heard by now, there was a tragedy at the Kentucky Derby on Saturday. Eight Belles, the only girl horsie running the race, came in second . . . only to break two of her ankles at the finish. This beautiful horsie was euthanized right there on the track. It is very, very sad. Mommy is glad she didn't watch it this year. She was supposed to go to Purrageous Mom's Kentucky Derby party on Saturday, but she had to work that morning and had a migraine, so she just went straight home and slept instead of watching the Derby. Grandmama told her the sad news about Eight Belles later that afternoon. Eight Belles, I know you are running wild and free through the meadows over the Rainbow Bridge. If any of you kitties would like to remember Eight Belles on your blog, feel free to grab our badge below.

My second order of business is a much happier one. Today is Cinco de Mayo! It is a great day of significance to Mexico (it's when they beat the French!), but here in the States I'm afraid it is just one big excuse to get drunk on margaritas and beer . . . for beans, anyway. I thought instead we kitties could have a NIP PARTY, and drink a toast to the memory of Eight Belles at the same time. So, PARTY on my bloggie ALL DAY LONG!

19 meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

It is very sad that Eight Belles had to be euthanized. :( That is a wonderful badge to made in memory of this beautiful filly.

Figaro the Therapy Cat said...

oh noes that is so sad about that horsie! she didded so good in the race and that happend?? i do not likes horse raceys, and parent beans never watches them anyways.

i bringed some nip-ritas to your party!!! yummmmmyyy!!! happy cinco!

Mr. Echo said...

Tybalt! Gracias por hacer esa divisa. La fijaré en mi Web site más adelante hoy. ¡Pensé que Cinco De Mayo tenía algo que hacer con mayonesa!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I did hear about Eight Belles and stories like this make me and my mom so so sad. We still don't understand why horsies have to be put down when they break a leg...we are crying at my house.
I will definitely come over.....and can I spend the night? My mom just told me she has to go to L.A. for a day, so we will be alone tonght. Maybe a whole bunch of niptinis will make me feel better!
--JB

Ana said...

Feliz Cinco de Mayo! Have a great Nip Party!

Unknown said...

My Mum and I were very sad about Eight Belles too, we couldn't watch it on tv, it was just too sad.

Happy Cinco De Mayo! Pass me a niptini and lets partay!

Captain Jack and Sir Dante said...

Though you were very missed at the party (Fagin was looking forward to meeting his Aunt) it was a horrible thing to see and we are glad that you missed it. Mommy and Aunt Susan cried and cried. To cheer us up with are on our way over with our special pirate cat rum!

PB 'n J said...

What a wonderful remembrance.

We'll raise our glasses to Eight Belles for Cinco de Mayo!

The Misadventures Of Me said...

We will all raise a glass here too! Poor horsey.

By the way Tybalt that is a wonderful mancat monday pose you are striking!

Daisy said...

I would like to make a toast to celebrate the memory of beautiful Eight Belles. We were watching the race on television and were so shocked and saddened that this happened.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

We are sooo sad about Eight Belles, the our cousin Kirara and Rosettii's momma was trying to tape it cus she and momma were at the faire. When she got home the tape didn't record. Momma's kinda glad, 'cus watching it would have made her cry.

We will raise are glasses to her!! ~Queen Snickers

Samantha & Mom said...

Hi Tybalt, I am coming right over! Mom has been gone all day!! I need a niptini! Tigger and I were so sorry to hear about Eight Belles! It made lots of tears here! See you in a jif!
Purrrrrrrrrrrrs,
Sammie-Pie

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I think a party to celebrate Eight Belles memory is a great idea!

Anonymous said...

We also feel terrible about Eight Belle's. Our Nana picked her to win. We were so excited she did so well, followed quickly by shock and great sadness. We will join you toasting to a beautiful horse. Happy grazing in the meadows, Eight Belles.

Mr. Hendrix said...

whoo hoo! me and mike need a little "hair of the dog" after last night. bendrix sayz: i'm ok with just a day for drinkin, i'll toast the victory of Mexico if that helps!

Sabrina, Sam and Simon said...

Tybalt, that was a sweet thing to memorialize that beautiful filly Eight Belles. Our momma watched the race and could not belive what happened to her. As for the Cinco de Mayo party, we are here for some nip if it's not too late, and momma is thinking about a margarita for herself ... hee hee!
Purrs and headbutts,
Sabrina, Sam and Simon

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! said...

We're so sad 'bout Eight Belles too, that's a nice tribute you haves for her.
We're kinda late, but we'd like to join the party!!

Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

I just found out about the party and wanted to come right over to raise a glass of Niptini to Eight Belles!

Purrrrrrrs, China Cat

Willow said...

I was very sad when I heard about poor Eight Belles. That is a lovely banner you made for her. I would also like to raise a glass to Eight Belles on this Cinco de Mayo! Maybe a Meowgarita would be nice!

Purrrrrrrrs, Willow