CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Mancat Monday - Where Mommy Was

Mommy visited Helen, Georgia this past weekend instead of staying home and snuggling with me. Helen was originally a saw mill town that developed in the early 20th century, but in the late 1960s was renovated to resemble an Alpine village in order to attract visitors.


Helen is not only picturesque, but it is also in the North Georgia Mountains, which means there is a lot of gorgeous scenery. It is also right on the Chatthoochee River.

Mommy saw lots of horsies pulling people around. This one was the cutest - it looked very Cinderella-esque.



Mommy's favorite part of Helen was probably the Chattahoochee River. The Chattahoochee forms just north of Helen, and the waters are all sparkly and clear, unlike the water that you see closer to Atlanta, which can be all dark and icky.



Mommy had a good time, but it was unfair that she had a good time and didn't take me with her.
Also, mommy and I will be taking a short break from blogging for a bit. Mommy is still busy at work, and has classwork to do, and is still recovering from bronchitis. (Yes, she went to Helen and walked around in the cold with bronchitis, but she's stubborn and it didn't make her any worse. She actually felt better and was coughing less yesterday, but she is super tired.) That means that mommy has less time to help me blog, and I have to spend more time purring on her. Sigh. A mancat's job is never done.
Don't forget about me, my sweet Sammie-pie!

13 meows:

Sweet Purrfections said...

my mom went to Beaufort, SC and ate shrimp, crab, ad scallops and didsn't bring me any.

Parker said...

Helen is pretty!
I hope your Mommy feels all better soon!
Smoochies!

The Meezers or Billy said...

we hopes your mommy feels better soon!!

DANA!!! COME PLAYDANCEPLAY!!! PLEASE?????? - Billy

Mr. Tigger in Cat-Lands said...

Oh we are sorry your Mommy feels bad!! We hope she recovers real quick!! And we are glad she had a wonderful time in Helen! Don't worry!! I'll never forget your Tybalt!! I'll come visit you and you can come visit me while you are on a break!
Higs & Kisses,
Sammie-Pie

Gemini and Ichiro said...

I hope she feels better. I am sure it was because she missed you...

Tuck said...

I hope she feels better soon! I'm sure she will get all better quickly with you purring on her lap!!

Sunny's Mommy said...

That is a pretty village :-)

Enjoy your break, and I hope your Mommy is feeling all better soon!

Anonymous said...

What a cute town! I thinks you is better off staying at home though, it looks pretty cold!
I hope that your momma is on the mend :))

V-V

Unknown said...

Well we hopes yer mom feels better soon and if means a short break then its worth it right? Yoo gets to cuddle more yoo know ...

Quill and Greyson said...

I was totally thinking of you when I came up with my Tuesday post. I hope you'll play.

catsynth said...

That does look very picturesque, both the architecture and the natural scenery.

Hope things calm down for you mom and that she feels better soon.

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh Tybalt and Mom you can re-post something you already did too. You totally deserve an Acatemy for all your movie work.

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh did Mommy rudely fail to wish you to feel better? Yep! Sorry! Glares at Mom.